In a pickle!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

Just wanted to update on my progress, or lack of it, and to confess!! Started the tablets two weeks ago, and was following slimming world diet at the time. Got myself in a right old pickle about having to have a certain amount of fat in my diet, gave up the slimming world and just tried to eat as \"normal\". before I knew it, I was stuffing my face again with chocolate, (even the wholenut, as joked about previously) - all with no side effects whatsoever. Have only lost 3.5 pounds to date in 2 weeks. Yesterday felt really miserable, and bloated due to period due, couldn't get into anything decent to wear, and felt like giving up.

Then I found some old pictures taken about 8 years ago, when I looked really nice and was happy with my appearance. The longing I felt to be back like that again was overwhelming and I decided there and then I would start again and be determind to succeed. So today I've started back on slimming world diet, and am concentrating on that, but being \"aware\" of fat contents of food. I've pinned up the \"nice\" piccie of myself on the fridge, as the one of me looking fat and frumpy was just getting me down. every time I'm tempted, I'm going to look at that photo, and I know my resolve will stay strong. Nothing is going to taste so good that I am willing to compromise not looking that good again. And I can still have a few squares of chocolate a day as my sins, and thats within my fat budget too.

oooh, feel much better for getting that off my chest. Please don't be too awful to me, I'd hate to get any really harsh messages back.

Thank you in advance anyone who sends any nice words of encouragement. I'm kicking myself now as i feel I've wasted two weeks tablets.

Thank you

Trish x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

3 and a half pounsd in 2 wks is GOOD!!

Don't beat yourself up.. its all trial and error and finding what works for you.. and We can't be good all the time..it just gets boring!

• Posted

Well Done Trish for getting back on to it - I am new to all this but will be as encouraging as i can.

I am still waiting for the effects and started Friday so will keep you up to date!!!! LOL

Jane

• Posted

Hi Trish

I am on Slimming World too, I couldn't cope with trying to eat the amount of fat that MAP recommended.

I'm in control for the first time in ages, and in 7 weeks I've lost over 2 stone, I am really big though, and I'm not expecting the loss to continue that quickly.

Good Luck, and well done for not giving up, I wish you lots of success

Gillxxx

• Posted

Hiya's

why do you feel the need to confess .. having a blip isn't a crime,

don't look at the bad, look at what you have achieved,

firstly, you've joined SW

2ndly, your here

3rd you've got the bluey's

4th YOU'VE LOST 3 AND A HALF POUNDS!!!

have you stopped to look at just how much that is, 7 blocks of butter, pile them up together, thats a hell of a lot,

go you!!! well done!

give yourself a pat on the back, 3 and half pounds in 2 weeks is good going

and certainly not a waste of tablets

You've already picked yourself up, dusted yourself down and back on track .. bonus!!

hold your head up high girly .. your doing great :-)

• Posted

Hi Trish,

Well done on the 3.5lbs.

It's easy to get distracted, I've been the same for the last 2 weeks, but back on it like you now.

Here's to the next 3.5lbs

Jane

• Posted

Thank You everyone for all your lovely words. They have really encouraged me. I got my first phonecall from MAP this morning and spoke with the girl about the last two weeks. She has also said that 3.5 pounds in 2 weeks is good. (Well, to be fair the 3.5 pounds was lost the first week, and nothing the second week) I think I had just got myself in a state as I had been reading all about how much everyone else had lost over a period of time. I need to focus on each pound as it comes off, as you say, blocks of butter.

Had a really good \"first day\" back on my plan, and stayed focused all day. The nice piccie thing is really helping. The fat pic just made me want to reach for the biccies, so they are now side by side, and I am concentrating on the \"nice\" me!

We'll all get there eventually. Everyone is soo supportive of each other, its like finding all my sisters and best friends on one website!!

Thank You everyone.

Trish xx

• Posted

Well done Trish x Andrea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.