In a rut!! Could use advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all first post ever in here. I was diagnosed with general anxiety about two years ago. I beat it with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy. I got it again now. I still remember all my CBT but it doesn't seem to be working. I was in a car crash on Jan the 1st this year. It was my fault I slid in ice and hit another car. My anxiety instantly kicked in! I'm racked with guilt. I'm not sleeping properly. I keep getting flashbacks. The police want to interview me about what happened. So now I'm worrying even more. Got that dizzy feeling back again. I know I should start exercise again but I really have no motivation. Any advice? Thanks alot james

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried any medication? I know it's not the answer for everything but it definitely takes the edge off post traumatic types of anxiety which is what you seem to be suffering with since your car accident. Also try and see someone for more CBT or mindfulness.
  • Posted

Hi james sorry you are going through all this i would talk to your doctor about medication for anxiety to help you get through this traumatic experince 

• Posted

Hi james its first time for me also mate.. i am not surprised you not feeling very well you have been through a lot i have suffered deppression for about40 years on and off and in that time i have found that worry just makes it worse so i know its easier said than done but try to focus on something good thats happened to you all the best mate and hope you soon feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.