In agony please help me get a bit of release

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got diagnosed with an ovarian cyst in about October last year, I had a laproscopy in November and got told I also had Endometriosis and I will soon feel better after being in pan for about three months, about a week later I went back to the doctor and told them I was still in agony, he told me it was just my wounds healing, so I left it for about two weeks after that i was in agony and went back to be told I need to wait for another Month. So back hone I went. Now to be honest this was getting ridiculous back then but now it is April and I have tried Danazol/Imlanol and pain killers, and now I just want to be out of pain i keep going back to the doctors and they keep just palming me off so now I am finding it hard to live with the pain so if any one out there would be able to help me I would be very great full.

Emma-Jane

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also take nureofen every four hours.
  • Posted

Hehe, I mightn't be the right person to ask because I'd just take as much pain relief as was required,, fcuk this tiny measly dose, what's the worst thing that can happen except feeling a bit stoned ;D If your GP moans tell them so what what do you expect I'm in flipping agony you jokers rolleyes
  • Posted

Endometriosis grows in the presence of estrogen. I have been treated 6 x with a drug called depo Lupron. It is an intramuscular injection that you get once every month for 6 months. It turns off your ovaries and some call it "chemical castration" it puts you in chemical menopause and you have all menopausal symptoms like hot flashes. But it turns off your estrogen allowing the endometriosis lesions to die.

I was infertile because of the endometriosis but after the 4th course I got pregnant. 9 years of infertility. I was thrilled. Pregnancy also helps with the lesions but after about a year after delivery the endometriosis flared again. 2 more rounds of depo because I wanted one more child. My doctor said I should just have a total hysterectomy (including removal of my ovaries, which again turns off the estrogen).

Now days there are birth control pills that make you only have a period 4xyear. Wish I had this option. My endometriosis caused the worse pain during my period when the extrauterine lesions would slough causing peritonitis. Oh the pain was horrible. During my lap they found lesions on my bowel, bladder and the peritoneal wall.

I went ahead with the hyst and now am completely pain free. Kind of sad that I didn't have a third child but guess it just wasn't in the cards for me.

• Posted

Hello there,

I know exactly how you feel, I am currently undergoing tests due to lower abdominmal pain, and by this I mean excrutiating pain. My GP believes I have endometriosis and has beleived that since the start of my problem!

I have been backwards and forwards to the GP and each time I have been prescribed stronger and stronger pain killers, this has lead to me now being on OraMorph and a 25mg Fentanyl patch.

I saw Gynaecology 3 months ago as I was referred by my GP, basically I was told I hadn't been in pain long enough and I had to give it another 2 months before they would reconsider doing a laproscopy. You can imagine how I felt about this, already have been in pain for 3 months and taking a concotion of pain killers, including Tramadol before I saw the consultant for the assesment.

Anyway, I have waited the 2 months I was told I would have to wait and I have been up to A&E twice... once to be told that I had a urine infection and was treated with antibiotics, which by the way didn't do a thing and the second time I was told that I am imagining the pain and I need to come off all the pain medication!!! Needless to say once again I wasn't very happy with the outcome so went back to my GP once again.

I have been to the GP 100's of times over the past 6 months and I feel I haven't got anywhere at all! I have been signed off work for 6 weeks as I am unable to function without the strong opioids! Which as you can guess have the added side effect of making me feel high! And not even a nice high! My appointment for review with the gynaecology has been moved back to the end of November, I have personally tried to contact them and move the appt, explaining my situation and that I am now on the strongest of opioid medication, I was told yet again that I couldn't be squeezed in and would just have to wait. My GP has now written to them and is yet to receive a reply as to whether or not my appt can be experdited.

I am discusted with the service I have been provided, despite my GP trying to do everything she possibly can for me the NHS is shocking!!

I hope that you get sorted soon. It is terrible that people have to go through so much pain, both physically and emotionally.

• Posted

Hi, I have been suffering from Endometriosis for 4years now. I had Endo in my bowels. I had to have emergency bowel operation as they were blocked. Since then I have had keyhole surgery to remove Endo and adhesions, and last year I had a partial hysterectomy. I'm still suffering a lot of pain each month. I am seeing pain management team and they gave me a TENs machine to help cope with the pains as painkillers were not helping at not. I don't know how to cope with the pains. Sometimes when I go for a pee it feels like my insides are on fire, burning, stabbing pain. I hate going to the toilet. I have lost interest in eating foods, I have to force myself at times to eat. Can someone tell me how they manage on a daily basis with the pains?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.