in agony withanal fissure any advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi am just looking for some advice ive ben suffering for months and decided i should go see the doctor a few months back , he gave me a examinaton up my anus and he said i have anal fissure

he gave me boxes of suppositories and been using them ever since but had to go back again this wk he gave me more as the pain was undescribable sad

he also gave me rectogesic gel 4mg been using it for 4 days now how long does it take to work ??

?its got to the point where i avoid  going to the toilet as i know what pain im going to be in , also feel im going to pass out its that bad  i go when i realy have to

evey day seems to be gettin worse instead of beter , its affecting my life as i stay in most days incase i need the loo

?a dont know if this is anything to do with what i have but years ago i got herpes / genital warts from the anus  and just wonder if that lies dormant and thats why my pain seems to be horrendous

?any advice would be welcome thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. The pain is unbearable. I had surgery Dec 30th and it was the only thing thst heloed me. Best of luck to you.
    • Posted

thanks ive heard a few people have ha to go through surgery for such a small thing

had a couple of good days so am hoping the gel and meds are workin for me but i wont hold ma breath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.