In constant pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I really hope someone can help me here, I've been having issues with my gallbladder now for around 3 years, I have been admitted to the hospital numerous times with severe pain, they have given me morphine which does help, I have had ultrasound and hida scan, ultrasound did not show anything, hida scan showed ejection fraction at 46%, the consultant is reluctant to remove my gallbladder at he thinks it could be sphincter of oddi dysfunction, I was booked in for an ultrasound endoscopy which I did go for albeit very apprehensive, I was sedated but it just did not work for me, they tried to put the camera down but I could not tolerate it, so the consultant has now referred me to a gastroenterologist as he is reluctant to do this under a GA, I am on a waiting list but it I still going to be at least 3-4 months just to be seen, my question is for the last few weeks I have a constant pain in the middle of my sternum which radiates to the right and around to my back, I have this on waking and through the day but by the evenings I'm in so much pain I cannot even sit on the sofa as it feels like my middle is being wrung out, has anybody with or had problems with their gallbladder had this pain constantly any help would be so appreciated 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like me. I had the GB out than the sphincter of Oddi Surgery. Still have the under rib pain. Without pain meds I wouldn't be able to tolerate. Doctors don't have an answer!

• Posted

My pain happened over a few weeks , thought I was having a heart attack . Had gb removed 5 weeks ago still have nauseous and some pain , and depressed. Hope you are able to get relief soon .
  • Posted

If you had sod morphing would make you worse it causes the spinchter to spasm

Have you looked at the pancreas pain can refer right

• Posted

Hi feel really sorry for you. I have the same thing im in pain all the time but ive got multiple gallstones and will be having my gallbladder out very soon as on the hot list but i get that same pain that you said about when you sit on the sofa i get that if i sit for to long. i get pains all the time. I got so scared about my symptoms i wrote a very long post today because i wanted to know if my symptoms were normal. Hope you feel better soon and get everything sorted out because its the worst thing to feel in pain all the time feel very sorry for and get well soon and keep going back to the doctors if you feel worse.
  • Posted

My pain started around Thanksgiving on and off I battled thinking I was having a heart attack and was scared to go to Dr . I finally had to go to e r thank goodness my heart checked out good . She told me to try acid meds a few days and asked if I had ever had gallbladder checked . Meds didn't work, went and had gallbladder checked it was attacking my body . Had it removed five weeks ago . I am traumatized after having a body part removed . I have some pain and also depression . Please please let me get well soon. And anyone reading this I hope you get better soon .

• Posted

Hi- did you ever figure out if it was SOD? I had my gb removed and my pain is not better and only worse. Then mornings and night are the worst for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.