In er

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm in the er scared to death praying EKG comes back normal please pray for me

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for not posting all I was freaked earlier I went to er cause of the dizziness I keep having and my bp shot up very high, they did an EKG which thank god came back normal. Now I can at least calm down about my heart causing it. But can I ask a few questions anyone take or ever taken vistaril? They gave me one in er and a prescription for it. And two how accurate is ekgs?
    • Posted

Yes, I currently take Vistaril when needed. I don't really like how it makes me feel while I'm asleep, so I try not to take it, but if my anxiety acts up badly then I take it and just have trouble sleeping. Ever since I started propanolol I haven't needed it though, just taking melatonin for sleep when needed. How did you like it?
  • Posted

It calmed me some but not enough to see big difference yet I'm just going to stick with it and hope it helps
    • Posted

Yes, it won't hurt to try and see if it works. I hope it does biggrin
  • Posted

Sorry you are in the E.R you will be fine just relax and take deep breaths i was in the E.R on Thursday my heart rate racing at a 123 was scared really scared they did not put me in all they did was give me a shot of ativan they should have kept me and ran some test on why my heart rate was that high 
  • Posted

I was hooked up to a monitor and watched given vistaril and ekg and sent me home

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.