In hospital last week so low

Posted , 7 users are following.

So low

Feel that my life has no purpose whatsoever. Im eternally tired, single, almost 36 living in a rented flat. I never have any money. My family dont care and both siblings dislike me. Ive left my job and need a new one asap. Everyone is with someone Im just so alone and cannot stand it anymore.

Last weekend I took an overdose and was in intensive care...so stupid. I have nothing to get up for.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know how feel I been down that road still going down the road.   Do you see a therapist? I know they don’t help much but talking to them helps out specially when you have no one to talk to am same way. Ur family does care just they don’t know how to react to you let alone what to say. Cuz they don’t understand what we go through. But they should not hard to go to a session with you to help understand ur feelings motions ...  are you on any medication???   Never say ur alone there’s always someone here that listens and replies to talk.  
  • Posted

Hello, I feel lonely too, if u need to talk just send me an inbox and I’ll answer you...going through the same you are except I lost my job....I don’t know what to say to help but keep going things will get better one day....
    • Posted

Hang in there BooBoo. A change is gonna come. Things are always changing in some shape or form, sometimes better, sometimes not but always changing. I was ok, then I got depressed, then I got help, then I got better, then I had another depressive episode, now slowly getting better. See BooBoo- constant changes. But I'm going with it. I suggest you do the same. The good times coming out of a depressive episode may not always last but be encouraged anyway because at least you now know that you can come out of it. You can experience joy again. Hang in there BooBoo - good times are coming.💚

• Posted

Hi so sorry you feel this way but you are not alone there are thousands of people out there who are in the same boat as you, i was in the same way lot of my life , worse thing is mine started from birth, but that was no ones fault a long story, i am 54 now and i have been through hell and back , well i say it is no ones fault its life that causes things to happen , and a lot of it is out of your hands but a lot of it you can get help, your only 36 you have your whole life ahead of you and right now you my not see the light at he end of the tunnel , but i felt like that , and i changed it, got a motivational book and put in there the things and  i want to set out and do one at a time, first you need a job , well i know its hard out but find something you would enjoy, if you have no money , an you need it right i am sure you can get benefits, even if you walked out, you can go to the doctor it sounds like you have depression, so you left your your job, through illness, , you can get money and help with that, you say family dont care and your siblings, it might just be they do not understand you, there are organisation, they help you mix with people, you can talk, so do one thing, at a time, do not try all at once it will get your mind in a muddle, also get a journal and day by day , write your thoughts down ,good or bad, it will, help and this forum is here which helps a lot, it helps me, so if you want to get in touch again no problem , take care
  • Posted

Hey k8861

I have been there myself (feeling low) however its slowly and surely getting easier, I really do understand what you are going through. What I find helps is doing small achievable things like hanging the washing out or cooking a meal from scratch or even try some meditation ( I am not talking about the whole Bhuda Monks business) stick on some soothing music and breathe. Remember you are not alone and you are loved!

• Posted

Hi K, when I read posts like this it makes me really upset as this is how I felt 5/6 weeks ago, I didn't try an overdose though I rang my counsellor in despair, they've have to work really hard to shake me out of this. I still occasionally think how good it would be to not be here. It's a horrible feeling but I find the more people I speak to the better I am. My chemist spotted how unhappy I was and wouldn't let me go until I explained why I was so sad. That's caring, the kindness of strangers, if you had succeeded can you imagine how many people would have felt dreadful that you had gone? My counsellor spent ages on the phone that day trying to talk me out of jumping. Mine was through ill health, but I eventually felt better here than not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.