In Need of a Boost!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am on my 10th day today and have not lost anything or had any \"bad\" experiences or \"Seepage\" lol shall we say! Apart from frustration of not losing anything I feel fine! Anyone have any ideas? Maybe just not suited for this tablet!

I am walking the dog 20 mins before work, parking my car and walking up a steep hill to work everyday, doing cardio at least 3 times a week, eating well as I love my fruit & veggies anyway and drinking water BUT the weight just wont come off me! I dont know whether to go back to my Dr's or just stick with it and see but so far no good and getting me down!

I am 31yrs

202 lbs and need to get down to about 150lbs

Help Meeeeee! x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Have you changed your eating habits since starting on the pills? They only work by stopping a third of the fat you eat from being absorbed, so if you followed a mainly fruit and veg diet beforehand, your excess calories were probably not down to fat intake. Do you drink much alcohol, or eat a lot sugary foods (including fruit, which contains sugar)? The pills had a pretty good effect on my weight loss as I still eat meals containing fat, but I have seen most benefits from not drinking beer anymore, which is where most of my excess calories came from.
  • Posted

Hi bbjohnny

Thanks for replying!! No I havent really changed my diet since starting the pills 10 days ago. I used to love my beer..hmm give me a stella! lol BUT have been eating healthy since start of 2009, cut out the lager and no I'm not much of a drinker anyway...max the odd glass of wine on the weekend but not every weekend. I make a tub of fresh fruit salad and take a bowl of it to work with me every day but thats it on the fruit side.

Today for instance I have had porridge with raisins for breakfast, a roast chicken breast with salad tortilla wrap for lunch with my fruit and a fat free yoghurt and tonight I am having home made vegetable chowmein made with the Fry Lite spray and egg noodles. I am sticking to 1500kcal per day or less & exercising. Do you think I should eat more fat? Thanks for your help...I'm at my witts end! Just doesnt make sense to me why Im not shedding pounds week after week! lol xxxx

• Posted

It's wierd saying that for these weight loss pills to work you need to eat more fat, but I can't see how they'd benefit you on the diet you're on, as they only target fat, and you seem to eat very little. Am very surprised you're not seeing a weight loss on that diet, as you must be consuming fewer calories per day than you're expending. Is your cardio workout fairly intensive? When i started at the gym I used to go through the motions and wonder why i wasn't seeing an improvement, and then I set myself a goal of being able to run five miles without walking any of it, and that really pushed me on. Took me a while to get to that point, as I was very unfit (years of neglect!), but once I was fit, I could push myself more and more and really started enjoying seeing what i could achieve. It's also worth doing resistance training (weights) as well, as even though muscles weigh more than fat, so you might not lose weight, they burn a lot more calories even at rest than fat does, hence the fat drops off more quickly. All very hard work, and it took me a year to get into really good shape (went from 17.5 stone of tubbiness to 13 stone of leaness - I'm 6ft2). Unfortunately I rested on my laurels a bit, and my weight has crept up a bit, but I'm back on the pills, and hitting the gym daily again, so hoping to get back to last years weight fairly quickly.
  • Posted

Hey!

Yeah, I will try to use more weights in my exercise..I have done some after my cardio sessions but could push more there. Yeah my cardio is quite intense...one is kick boxing and the other is involving dumbells and squatts etc. I explained to my dr how I eat and cook my food eg I dont use oil and I grill or dry fry etc and she still put me on these pills. She did also send me for blood test & results of that should be back any day now.. maybe something else not right! Who knows! You have done really well to lose so much. It is hard when exercising and no weight loss but I have taken comfort in what you said about lean muscle using up more calories!! I lost 3 stone last year and most of it crept back on which is why I changed my lifestyle but as you already know I cant seem to lose it again! Thanks for trying to help and cheering me up!! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.