In need of advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I have posted a while ago but feel like i need some support. 

I have depression and i take AD’s daily. I feel like i’m getting to a point in my longgggggg and hard journey of many lows where i feel semi-stable. I feel like i can support myself again. Im not saying i’m good as i could be but i am on the road however my bestfriend suffers from anxiety and to be honest, i feel she may be bipolar but it is not yet been diagnosed. We have been a great support system for eachother in regards to having someone who truly understands how low times can be. However in saying that, we have tried for so long to help eachother when both needed help. As i said, with me feeling on the right road, sadly this is the opposite for her. She literally is the worst i have ever seen her. She tells me she doesn’t feel like trying anymore and she wishes for her death. I am so worried about her and i don’t know what to do. I’m in a hard situation because i want to help, i would her before myself anyday but i am also very scared incase i make things worse or knock myself off the band wagon. I feel so low tonight, first in a couple of weeks. Has anyone ever been in this situation? I just need help sad 

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you feel like you can’t do anything, I highly recommend getting her a suicide prevention hotline, or connecting your friend to a therapist.  At the very least you can do, you can be there for her and listen.  Maybe suggest to your friend a few outlets like drawing, writing, or just being outside observing nature. Also maybe suggest a few breathing exercises or meditations daily. Those can help improve your mood.

If they don’t help, be there for her as much as you can while still making time to take care of yourself. Because in order to take care of your friend the best you can, you need to take care of yourself to be strong also.  

• Posted

Hey, sorry to hear that you are going through some very tough times at the moment. One of my closest friends suffers from anxiety and depression like I do, its great from a relatable point of view but when your both at two ends of the spectrum you can end up where they are. Perhaps explain to your friend the situation and that it's not that you don't want to help, it's that helping may take you back to that dark place. Perhaps bringing someone else in to help your freind would be a solution, this would show that you care but also keep you on the path to getting your mind well again. Stay positive, refrain from absorbing negativity, sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.