in need of encouragement

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been pushing everyone away including my husband. My baby is the only person I cling too. I cry in the shower it's like fear has tooken over my life, I'm not the same person anymore. I use to just live life with no worries, love and kiss on my hubby, enjoyed my me time, and enjoyed getting out. Now it's like im lost my best friend left for a two day visit yesterday and my husband and sister left for work right after and it was just my baby and I, I made sure my home was secured and I closed my bedroom door and cried. I stay up late every night just thinking and on social media looking at everyone else's happiness. Sorry for complaining just venting seems like no one really understands well hey at least they care, maybe it's just me idk. Just need some advice I really want my family to be close and praying things get better for us again. Yes i go to counseling every week, I take 10mg of Lexapro, and I talk to my doctor when I can

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i know exactly how u feel darling...this is me 100% all day, everyday, now im divorced and have a 9 year old daughter that i cling to and when she goes to her dads i feel like im about to fall apart...all u can do is pray and hope for the Best and Be strong for ur family...Hugs to You!
  • Posted

I've been there too and yes it's awful, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. You can feel better with help from your counsellor, doctor, friends, family. Have you thought about upping your medicines to see if that helps? You are not alone, all us anxiety suffers have been there.
  • Posted

Hello dear

Iv sent you a link in your inbox please read it , it helped me with my fears and now I'm doing much better. Hope it helps you. Take care .

• Posted

idea It sounds like you feel overwhelmed and thus your nerves are getting the better of you. You're trying to cope so hard that the tension is palpable. Relaxation techniques may help you;...mindfulness and meditation. Fear is there as a marker, like any other seemingly negative emotion; to highlight that you need help, however long it takes, do not give up on that transformation. Try to get as much holistic input to strengthen you, that you can and you will emerge more positively feeling less depersonalised. You will have dips, everyone does and these can unfortunately be multiple and come in spates; try to pace yourself and look up some breathing techniques if you can. The good feelings will return and bolster you and your body will learn more quickly to switch to more constructive methods of handling pressure, as you practice.

As well as us changing all the time, experiencing different things; we also have things have have always reassured us. Even if some things that used to calm you do not try to rememeber others/find new dynamics around you to try. Often people require what I call igens - individual and generic plans - where one is continually tailoring their own self care preperation and soothing. It's hard to take on board new ideas, when you see people bouncing around being all happy;...but many are going through what you are and lots have been through it.

Sometimes conditions have to be managed life-long, but with that you can build a wealth of experience. Hold on. Tweak ideas to suit you and review and evaluate changes as you go along, everyone has their own blueprint-enjoy your individuality. I hope the counselling helps you to explore that. CBT may also be good. Therapy can open things up, but it's also nice to have frameworks of; positive proactive techniques, strategies and personal development structures to facilitate self care pathways to for recovery and recuperation.

I know that it seems almost unfathomable; how when stress strikes hardest and with such duration, how one would be able to become more equipped to put in extra energy to cope with it. Perhaps, look at as many ways you can nourish yourself as you can. Make every day a multipamper day:...your favourite drinks, change of scenery, join a support group if you can, get to know a buddy who could accompany you out, if you feel too worried to be alone when trying new things;...pepper your day with as many uplifting inputs as possible, to give your brain hope, even if they are mini ones, they accumulate. I know it's easier said than done. Reinforcing healing skills can take a while!

It's understandable that you feel so vulnerable. Try to get as much rest and sleep as you can...if you are tempted to stay up then maybe set a challenge of; an earlier night, every two days...then if your mind still races searching for things then you can gradually start to change patterns and unwind more. Break down your objectives, aims and goals so that you feel you have acheived rather than failed. Micro-steps!

Look at things that you enjoy rather than others feeling apparently blissful;...rememeber they are only snapshots. Maybe enage with interests and passions that you have and can discover. I hope that you feel that some people have some insights and empathise in parts. People care yes. You could focus on becoming closer to you and then they will see you more secure and glowing, doing what makes you feel good. It can be overwhelming, taking on new conditions and changes in life stages. Things will improve, you have been so brave to reach out for help, keep doing so. Regular appointments with you GP, are good to deal with anything that might be adding to your physiological strain.

I pray this finds you ok today.

N

• Posted

Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm so thankful for this information. I do feel overwhelmed and trying my best to cope with all the changes in my life. Counseling does help and I need to learn how to take baby steps instead of wanting to be "normal" again so bad that I keep pushing myself. I will definitely work on my relaxation and try to find good coping methods
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I hope that my rather long-oooops answer did not sound too trite or twee...those lonely wretched moments and swathes of times can extend and such. It can be like foggy day after stormy night after....on and on and on. I just try to reach for the next energy point like...wow that colour over there is quite nice or watching a cute animal in the garden. I remember the years though that I could get pleasure from nothing and the years before that, I got pleasure from things that were not "me"; like drinking too much or partying with people I didnt even like being with really. I was always trying to get people to like me and was never happy...in the end just fake-like I found everyone else to be;...whilst wondering why no-one was genuine. Guess that's what I was drawn too.
    • Posted

Yes! I use to be so into myself I didn't know how to make friends or do things differently. I was too content with my original friends and the way my life was going. Now it's like those who I thought were my friends aren't. Now im learning how to meet new ppl and come out my comfort zone. I do have my days when it's horrible then I have my days when it's good. Just trying to get it together
  • Posted

J ust thought I would send a post to anyone who is listening.  For the first time yesterday and today I feel like a normal person,  I joke at work and laugh.  I even went to have afternoon tea with friends at her house and cant believe how good it feels.  I worry that it wont last but giving myself positive thoughts.  It is possible for everyone to get there, have faithf and perservere.  Love JOyce

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.