In need of some advice (no judgement please)

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello this is regarding periods / women's health, i am a young adult who has been in a withstanding relationship of 5 years with my fiance. we just celebrated our anniversary (DEC 15).

I encountered a yeast infection prior so I was perscribed diflucan. my period was scheduled to start 12/13, but ended up starting 12/11 after I took the perscription. it was nice since I was able to enjoy intimacy with my fiance on the 15th. my period lasted until that day until we had sex (and yes he did cum in me, and this was the only time.), but it started again that evening off and on until sunday/monday. my cycle is usually regular (28 days), and my period has been consistent. however, i contracted another yeast infection during new years, which took longer to get rid of (had to take a double dose perscribed by the doctor.) (i contracted the second infection due to eating too much carbs during the holidays.)

my period was expected to arrive 01/07 (originally 01/10 but was pushed forward since i started earlier) and has not came. i took a pregnancy test (FIRST RESPONSE) 01/08 which came out negative. i would like to know, what is the likely hood of this test being a false negative? should i retest? is this just stress? i appreciate your advice and responses. i would appreciate it if you do not preach to me about how "anytime you have sex you are likely to get pregnant" or "you shouldnt have sex unprotected, dont do it if you dont want children." i am fully aware of that. i am looking for specific responses based on scientific and personal reasoning. we are fully aware of the circumstance that will come out of this and are prepared for it. thank you!:)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure about the pregnancy thing I'm afraid but thrush can be passed backwards and forwards. get your partner treated too in case that is why it reoccured (I didn't know this and I kept getting it)

i hope you find the answers you are looking for and good luck xxx

• Posted

Kira,

It should be nobody's business to give you such advises. 😃

I doubt you might be pregnant. The medication you took for the yeast might be the cause of irregular and missed periods. It could be a temporary thing until you get fully recovered and the effects are flushed out of your system.

if this troubles you, you can start taking some chaste berry pills, they are completely safe and will help to balance your hormones and correct your cycle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.