In perimenopause, does anyone else do this?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone else does this or if im just completely insane?! Okay so im still having very scattered periods, i just recently had one after 6 whole months! But anyway, it doesnt matter if its right before my period, during my period or after my period i will feel like i have the stomach flu or like i have a hangover every damn day! I have no energy, i feel tired, dizzy, hot and cold at times but no fevers. My stomach and lower gut roll and gurgle loud enough for others to hear, but when i have bowel movements they are "normal". But the sick feeling just lingers constantly to where i can barely eat, Im skin & bones. I have tried changing my diet around and noticed No difference. But the strange thing is i will get a day where i feel ok and i can eat! But it only lasts one damn day then the hell is back for about 7-10 days, then i get one good day again, then the cycle continues!! Its driving me absolutely mad! My thyroid is fine, my blood sugar is fine....all of this began when my periods became haywire 4 years ago!! How can anyone survive perimenopause and menopause if you feel like this all the time?? I cant function, I havent left my house or shopped for myself in 9 months! And i have done online counseling, she seems to think its hormonal not mental. 😦

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Brandy,

YES!

I am sorry you are suffering, I know how horrible you feel, I am going through this right now too.

I hurt my back last month, right before my period started. In addition to the back pain, the period was the worst I have had in a long time... clawing pain both front and back, even though I didn't bleed much. Felt like I had a fever for days. Couldn't eat anything, even my favorite things. Everything turned my stomach.

I just started getting my appetite back a few days ago, and BAM, started my period AGAIN a week early, and again have no appetite.

I am lucky I have some weight to lose I guess.

Have also been through the bloodwork and abdominal/pelvic CT scan. No sugar problem, no thyroid problem, no kidney problem, no liver problem, no autoimmune issues suspected. Yet I barely have enough energy to take a shower and shave my legs without sitting down in the middle.

My "friends" ... "oh you look so great! What have you been doing to lose weight?"

It's called SUFFERING, I don't recommend it.

• Posted

oh god sara im so sorry to hear that!! That has to be awful having periods that close together. I cant lose any mote weight, im down to 92 pounds when i normally weigh 120! Nobody thinks i look well cause obviously ive lost way too much. But yeah i hear you i just want to scream when chubby menopause people say to me "i wish i had your problem" are they kidding me!? Who would want this hell seriously. Everything turns my stomach even when im not on my period, its awful. I feel like im goimg nuts cause like you my tests are all fine but why do i feel like im dying??

• Posted

Praying for an appetite surge for you this very weekend!! May the hormones settle, the anxiety lift, and may you find that one thing to tempt your taste and your brain and your tummy, and may it settle so well you feel you need some more!!

May you get energy and life and see the anxiety lift further so you can enjoy another thing!!

And may that cycle continue over and over for you.

Much love to you, Brandy.

• Posted

Thanks sara!!!! And i hope you start to feel better as well....this is one club none if us want to belong to

• Posted

omg. same. telling me I look great is the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.