In the middle of a panic attack

Posted , 1 user is following.

My heart is going very fast,my hands are cold,i dont know what should i do,its like i think i will die this time should i go to dr?i tried to do deep breathing,but i cant

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ok, you will be ok. Panic has a big effect on our bodies but you will get through this.

Try and lie down somewhere comfy, put some nice calming relaxing music on too. There's plenty on Spotify and youtube. 😉 I know it feels like you cant breathe properly but try and think positive thoughts. You are breathing, try and focus on keeping your breathing steady, and then breathe deeper when you feel you can. Try and take a few deep breaths and keep thinking positive. You will get through this, you will be ok. As soon as you can relax your body your breathing will become calm and yr heart rate normal again.

Take a breath in through your nose and blow it out through your mouth. Breathe as deeply as you can. Try and focus on the music or something else u like like tv programmes. This will help to distract you and help you relax.

You are ok, keep thinking this, keep trying to relax and maybe chat to a friend to help you calm down too.

Take care Xx

• Posted

Uff dat climax part of my panic attack finished,thank you for ur positive text,i realy needed to talk, it made me post here again,it was one of my worst panic attack and i am saved from a big storm i just hope it doesnt back now again
  • Posted

This will pass, keep thinking this 😊
  • Posted

And try and allow your body to become floppy too. 😉 xx
  • Posted

next time get a paper bag and breath into it that should help your panic attack.  I hope you were OK

rich

• Posted

Thank you,i will try it,going to have a panic attack right now,here we go😰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.