Incidental pituitary gland

Posted , 4 users are following.

I posted earlier about having another mri but this time on my gland. I fount out from the doctor today that it is slightly larger than normal. Could this be cancer? Im so scared right now and all i can see is death. My first mri came back normal apart from this incidental finding! Someone please help me out

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What did the doctor say?

I'm sure he would of told you if it was?

Try not to panic, I don't think there will be anything wrong <3 >

• Posted

Also I think that there would be a tumour on your pituitary gland rather than it being swollen if it was cancer so I'm pretty sure it isn't xx
    • Posted

I think if it was suspect as cancer you have a cancer speiclist invited for his opinion so I wouldnt worry too much as it  will only make you worse.

• Posted

So the frontal part of the pituitary is slightly larger could indicate an adenoma I've got one had it since I was in my teens and apart from messing my hormones up I'm fine no cancer nothing so please stop worrying

it's minutely rare for cancer and I'm sure that more test would have been conducted if they were worried

• Posted

Im going to the doctors tomorrow for blood tests as the doctor says they need to be done. Right now im panicing over it because i can just see the worst. Pkus with my arm and leg on my leg side feeling weak it worries me even more. I will talk and ask the doctor everything tomorrow.
  • Posted

relax, this is not cancer. millions of peopke have enlarged pituitary gland. you may have other symptoms, your doc will tell you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.