Increase Dosage 50mg to 100mg / Zolof (Setraline ) advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

I have been on 50mg for 6 weeks now and I still have anxiety ,palpitations day and night ,My doc put me on 100 mg .

anyone have got worse side effects from increasing the dose??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi lumi,

?I've just been put on to 150mg after six months on 50 and 100mg. I get palpitations regularly, but have now learned not to worry about them (two years ago I spent many unpleasant days with them, but I think knowing they are mostly harmless and insignificant helps).

?I am curious about what people mean by anxiety. I went to my GP because I kept waking up with inner (not visible) tremors. She put it down to anxiety. But for me anxiety is more the lurch in the stomach when you know something bad is impending - like knowing you're about to lose your job, if you've ever been there confused.

?What I was and still am getting is that sensation you get if you've just had a near miss in your car, jittery for a time - a bit like low blood sugars - but usually goes away in a short while. In my case they stay around.

?As Sertraline cas cause ??tremors I am left confused..

?But, to try to answer your question, side effects like headache tend to go away eventually, palpitations, whilst unpleasant are usually harmless. As for anxiety, if that's what my GP thought I had, then I still have it! But most people on this forum seem to have observable signs of depression and by and large these seem to respond over time. So, persist and try not to worry about the palpitations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.