Increase from 20mg to 30mg - advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Hoping for some reassurance.

ive been on 20mg of Cit since May last year. seemed to be doing really well, managed to go back to work after having 5 months off.

Then, Sunday morning came & it all started up again. All the physical symptoms have returned & i am so scared i am going to end up poorly again.

after a trip to the doctors tuesday i am slowly increasing my dose to 30mg.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? anxiety suddenly returning for no apparent reason? also, how long does it take the increase to work?

thank you x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura/every time you change your dosage ,you will get side effects which can last upto 6/8 weeks

• Posted

Hi Laura,

This happened to me after 9/10 weeks on 20mg. I spiraled quite badly & waited 2 weeks before taking my DR's advice and increasing to 30mg. I feared the side effects but reckoned it couldn't be as bad as going back to square one. It only bothered my for 3-4 days (upset tummy, nausea, detachment) & I got back to a much better place again. I'm still in recovery & have off days here & there, but it never comes to much. You will get there too, it's fear that holds us back 😦

• Posted

thanks for your reply. ive started the increase, but slowly. not jumping straight up to 30. its good to hear you are doing well on 30! gives me some hope that things will improve for me too! 100% agree its the fear of having an anxious episode that holds us back so much! Thank you xxx

• Posted

I have gone up to 30mg since Monday I have a bit of an upset tummy, nausea and anxiety. Hope I feel better soon.

• Posted

I was like that and it passed after 3-4 days....hope it lasses quickly for you too!!

• Posted

Hi Moaney86,

when your anxiety returned did you suffer from physical symptoms? did the increase in dosage make things worse before better?

i managed to go to work today, had a bad 45 minutes where i was shaking & had bad heart palps! seemed to take me ages to calm down!

xx

• Posted

I still feel somewhat anxious and nervous, but today seems to be my best day so far. My appetite still isn't fully back yet either.

• Posted

thats good to hear! did you increase from 20 to 30? - i'm doing it gradually, currently taking 25mg, will slowly increase to 30!, if im feeling this anxious now i'm not sure how i will feel when on 30!

• Posted

I started getting a tightness in my chest like I couldn't breath most days along with really heightened anxiety, agitation, detachment & depressive state of mind (I've never had depression). I started to feel much better after a few days maybe 7/8 & gradually better & better.

I have found now that I dip about 3/4 days before my period but then it passes. DR said hormones can affect the medication so I am at peace with the fact that this will happen but also pass just as quick.

• Posted

I am due to see my GP on Monday so I will discuss with her if its normal to have heightened anxiety and nervousness.

• Posted

I believe every time a dosage is changed it can cause heightened anxiety along with some start up side effects. Everyone reacts so differently, some feel nothing but better after, some suffer strong side effects, anxiety etc, some get it mild....it's a mind field.

Hope you start to pick up soon 😃

• Posted

i dont have tightness in my chest as such, just feel like a heavy weight is on it. i'm hoping the increase of the meds will kick in soon, been on 25mg since tuesday. i definately have hightened anxiety, which i expected! i just cant seem to concentrate on anything other than how i am feeling & if i feel anxious. My biggest trigger at the moment is the thought of going into work & having an anxiety attack but i also dont want to have time off work as it just makes it harder to go back. i cant pin point the reason its so bad at work, maybe its to do with it being a busy office. its very confusing! x

• Posted

I also was just increased from 20mg to 30mg yesterday after being on this for 9 weeks now, and not sure if I want to go up. I told the doctor that I was better then before I started, and better then the last 3 months and it seemed to be slowly (very) improving but he said that I should be feeling much better then I am. I'm still undecided though, from everything I've read on here and everything people had said that it takes a good 3-6 months for it to really start helping I would much rather wait and see but don't want to delay an increase if that is what its going to take to progress, ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.