Increase in prozac

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all 2nd day on 60mg from 40 feeling absaloutley awful not sure weather to split them will it pass HELP

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey just curious I was 1 week into 60 and my anxiety which hasnt been under control the whole time was throufh the roof very depressed and crying and not have nice thoughts I literally felt like I was loosing my mind..if you get what i mean. So the next day I took no prozac and 2 days of 20mg and today I have taken 30mg. I am really starting to wonder if this drug is for me or not as I still have to take a benzo twice a day since starting prozac on the 26 dec 17. Curious to know what your story is if that ok. I was on paxil for 21yrs no anxiety or depression (not out of the norm anyway) unfortunately it stopped working 7mths ago so it been 7mths of hell can't function havent been back to work since starting prozac.

• Posted

I’ve suffereed on and off for over 20 years came off Prozac about 3/12years ago as I felt well worst thing ever about a year ago anxiety raised its ugly head again gp put me on sertraline which I took for 8 months up to 200mg with no success ended in AE thinking I was having heart attack fortunately all ok asked GP to change to Prozac as it worked in the past that was middle of December still no great improvement I have health anxiety which I think is the trigger having CBT not sure if it’s helped GP won’t prescribe benzos decided today to split the dose see how it goes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.