Increase to 100mg Sertraline - Whooaaaa

Posted , 5 users are following.

5 days ago I increased from 50mg to 100mg. I was on 50mg for 28 days prior. I was prepared for the start up effects of the increase but this is testing stuff!!

Considering my anxiety/ocd centres around intrusive thoughts - to have these thoughts/obsessions magnified has been tough going. Hanging in there for things to improve.

Anyone experienced similar?

Thanks guys

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

In September I started on sertaline having been on citalopram before that.  My anxiety was going through a bit of a phase I was more anxious than usual so doc thought we would try sertaline.  Was on 50mg for a couple of weeks before it being upped to 100mg.  I was on that for about a couple of weeks but it was too strong for me.  I had a terrible headache constantly, I felt spaced out, very dizzy and my anxiety was through the roof it was a nightmare.  I could not stand it anymore so I came back down to 50mg and I am feeling much better on it things have settled down much more now.  I Still suffer from really bad anxiety but at least I am still able to do general day to day stuff which the sertaline has helped with.....50mg for me tho
  • Posted

Hi I was on Sertraline when they upped the dose a I had an allergic reaction so had to stop I wouldn't recommend it to anyone good luck
  • Posted

Im on cits, and had pretty much every side effect going. lost count the amount of time I was going to quit them. The constant intrusive thoughts were the worst, I agree and the only reason I didnt quit was, that I'd have to go through the same to come off them. Week 8 started to notice a real difference, and week 10 the thoughts were virtually gone. 33 days in your over the worst of it, stick with it few weeks now, 1 day at a time, you'll soon notice the thoughts will lose their power

Good luck

• Posted

Walking, cycling and breathing technics helped me, through it too
  • Posted

Cheers Nick and others.
  • Posted

i was on sert + gave it a go for 12 weeks (with increasing dose) after 28 days i felt great for about 2  wks  then it just maDE me feel ROTTEN.I stayed with it hoping there wld be an improvement.I talked to my local pharmacist who said that given length of time i'd been on it together with the increase ,AND no improvement to get off it.Changed to mirtazipine which has been a life saver for me with no side effects.But stay with it as everyon's diff,Stay with it for a month anyway -unless it makes you REALLY bad.I took Fluoxetine (prozac) and lasted 3 days -it sent my anxiety crazy.
  • Posted

I'm taking my last Mirtzapine tonight and then I start on my first 50 mg tablet of Sertraline tomorrow night hope this works forme as I had terrible anxiety with Mirtzapine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.