Increased anxiety due to anti semitism?

Edited , 3 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety and low self confidence. I live in a country (sweden) where anti semitism is increasing- and as a part of that my anxiety is increasing as well. I am 100% Jewish, wear my david star and go to the synagogue.

I have been experiencing a lot of anti semitism lately on the bus, on my way home and just by being in public. It really makes me feel bad because this is something I cannot change and would never change in a million of years. What do you do when you literally live in an anxiety-hole? I'm scared of being Jewish. I go to a school and lots of boys there make jokes and make fun of me for being jewish but in a low key way.

What do I do? It really affects me.

0 likes, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,you should be proud of your Jewish background i dont know much about it,Do you have friends in jewish community who you can stick with talk to people can be horrible,I myself have said bad things about people but as you get older you realise doesnt matter what colour religion background you come from,they have the problem not you so you can hold your head up high i know its easier said than done but dont let them win they probably know nothing about what jewish people have suffered over the years they are ignorant.So try to not let them bother you dont let anxiety take control.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

First may I say that I don't understand racial hate .

I can understand hating someone who disturbs your peace , your life style but to use race , color or religion as a reason , I don't get it. These are people who were home educated by bigots who probably aren't worth talking about.

I know many Jewish people and in most cases I enjoy their personalities. I think our society favours bullies and give haters a sense of power . I'm sorry that this world is so strange.

Your anxiety is just , but you need to control it instead of letting it control you.

Stand up for your rights and protect your rights and don't let fear and anxiety ruin your life.

Racism and anti Semitism is ignorance and lack of self control. Don't take crap from them but don't let their rudeness disturb your peace of mind.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been experiencing a lot of anti semitism lately on the bus, on my way home and just by being in public. It really makes me feel bad because this is something I cannot change and would never change in a million of years. What do you do when you litera https://pnrstatus.vip/ lly live in an anxiety-hole? I'm scared of being Jewish. I go to a school and lots of boys there https://sarkariresult.onl/ make jokes and make fun of me for being jewish but in a low key way.

First step is to if possible determine how much of the social anxiety is due to how you were defined in earlier school settings. Some have found the opportunity to redefine themselves as the started life after high school allowed them to shed some imposed and self imposed ideas about who they were.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up