Increased anxiety with Lexapro increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

Would like some words of encouragement. Having a hard time with anxiety its been day 7 since increase from 5 mg to 10mg. I've never taken Xanax but my doctor did prescribe me some, just afraid to take it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Xanax has been very helpful for me on an as needed basis.  0.25 mg is enough for me to take the edge off but still remain highly functional
  • Posted

Your doctor is taking nice small steps upping you gently to a more adequate therapeutic dose of escitalopram. Adjustment takes some time as does re-balancing so it was very kind (and wise) of him/her to also prescribe some xanax to help ease you through the initial rough patch. Many doctors do not bother sadly. Xanax, taken as prescribed, can help speed up the process and if nothing, help reduce your suffering short-term until escit kicks in well.

Take it as prescribed. Also do remember to take your escit at the same time each day. Rest well and maintain a good liquid intake and a good diet. Limit caffeine especially now during adjustment. Do not take very high doses of vitamin c as well for a few weeks. Shower and/or soak often to alleviate tension and soothe your nervous system. Vitamin b complex may help ease you through this and repair some of the nerve damage caused by anxiety.

All the best.

• Posted

I was prescribed xanax at the start of my therapy for GAD and took it daily (3 times per day) for 2 months until my medication kicked in before i was weaned off it slowly and never looked back. It was so helpful in getting me back on track. It has been about 11 years now - never needed it again since that smile And i have completed my therapy for GAD 4 years ago. There is light. smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.