Increased citalopram 30mg to 40mg HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all please can you help me ...Been on 30mg for around 5 years now went out on a heavy drinkimg session week later bang depression and anxiety were back but worse is this normal ?? went to doctors they upped my dose to 40mg when will i see an inprovement of the extra dose please anyone increased before? Thank you for reading hope you are all well xx

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

The best way to describe it is that every time u get an increase it's like starting all over. From my experience alcohol does not mix well, I went to a wedding had a little too much, and I was in a rut for 2 weeks then I was fine, I increased my does to 30 about 8 weeks ago, and it's still not fully working, but def better than I was. Good luck and no more drinking bindges lol, I don't know what it is with alcohol and This pill but ure not the first to say this, a lot of ppl just suffer thru it and not go for the increase

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A dose increase doesn't guarantee it'll make you feel better - if anything worse due to the side effects.  Personally I'd have waited it out for the depression / anxiety to subside.  As it is though, it might be 2-4 weeks until you feel really settled maybe?

Overdoing it on alcohol really doesn't pay when on these meds.  One or two maybe ... if that.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello thank you for the reply i did wait a week to see of i settled again but i thlight ot was getting worse didnt no what else to do. Im on 8th day now feeling better just gettimg the side effects i think i feeling sick anxoiues abit more and headaches hopfully this will pass soon im feelimg better so the increased dose must be working? Xxxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh no! Try to avoid drinking on Citolopram. An yes each increase will be like starting over. I think your "blip" was fr Drinking. But Im not a Dr of coarse.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl...I did this a couple of weeks ago 😫🙈 I can't say I thought I'd over done it...as I only had a few beers...but then drank wine!! Ow dear...big mistake!! Can't remember getting home!! Was sleep walking all piggin night...and don't remember a thing!! Felt awful for about a week...and it's awful when it's real and happening to you!! I wanted to increase my dose...but I didn't...I stuck it out!! And thankfully now feel back to normal again!! In fact I went out last night for the first time since!! Just stuck to 3 beers and today I feel fine...and no sleep walking haha!! X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello claire im beating myself up coz of it i dont normally go mad that mad 😕 well im on my 8th day now of increase and feel loads better then what i was 8 days ago just getting side effects now like tight head and anxoius more and headaches which i no is a side effect so hopefully ill be back to normal soon thank you for the reply xxxx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up