Increased citalopram getting side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I've been on 20mg citalopram for several years with no problems. Had odd moment of anxiety usually related to a new situation but very rare. Recently had a lot of stress in my life and felt very anxious, trouble eating etc. went to doc who increased citalopram to 30mg. Day 6 of increase have had nausea, extreme tiredness, diarrhea (had when anxious). Anxiety has diminished but not liking other side effects. My doc says give another week as usually takes two weeks for increase to work and side effects to go. Does this sound right?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sound like all the things I experienced.  It is over now.  I am happy with this medicine.  
    • Posted

How long before you felt better it's my 13th week and still got intrusive thoughts
    • Posted

That's really good. I'm not as tired now but still have nausea. My doc gave me anti nausea Meds to help. Hopefully will go soon.
    • Posted

Hi

How long was it before you felt better when you started cit?

• Posted

Well I dint remember any side effects but my hubby said my mood increased straight away. Every time I tried to lower dose I had negative thoughts. If u feel it's not working for u perhaps try a different med?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.