Increased dosage anxiety about 1 hour later

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.  I have been taking Zoloft off and on (mostly on) since 1999...so I am pretty familiar with it.  The past couple of years I have had trouble with generics not working and having to jump through a few hoops to get a brand that works.  A few weeks ago I messed up bc I thought I was in auto refill and I wasn't so I had to get some a pharmacy that didn't have the brand I needed.  Anyways, once I got the right brand again ( I guess it's like increasing my dosage back to where it was). I notice increased anxiety about an hour later.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It's been going on for about 3 weeks.  I hate it because I was doing so good before.  Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I was told all the sertraline from different manufacturers are the same.

Tell my body that. Iv been on 3 different sertraline manufacturers and each time it's like starting over. This last time I insisted to my Gp I want a certain manufacturer and she managed to get 4 months supply. She told me to get my order in for the next batch early so I stand a better chance getting what I want.

i did write down 2 lots that I had the ingredients in them, and they are different in some things, obviously enough for my body to dislike.

hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Thanks Julie.  My psychiatrist told me that some of the drugs are only required to have 83%of the active ingredient in them.  So, no they are not the same.  He was the first doctor that ever told me that.  I'm small and take a low dose, so yea that much is a huge difference for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.