increased dosage to 20mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been on 10mg to cit for 10 weeks for panic attacks but I'm sweating really bad and on Saturday I woke up covered in prickly heat called doctor this morning he told me to increase to 20mg as this may help the sweating even though iv had no panic attacks I go away in two weeks on holiday and they also told me to take piritin as I'm writing this I feel very woo as took my first  double dosage and lightheaded I hope this goes before my holiday as only had few side effects on 10mg 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, I was on 20mg Citalopram to start with and the side effects were awful, not sleeping, eating more anxiety and panic attacks. I reduced to 10mg on GP 's advice and i feel so much better. I don't really want to take meds but the 10mg takes the edge off. If you can manage on the 10mg you will have less side effects. Talk to your GP.
  • Posted

Hi Sue. I also suffered from sweating on 20mg. It didnt last long though... Mayvbe see how you are in another couple of weeks. My side effects change all the time. Sometimes i feel nothing and others i sweat and find i feel sick during the day.xxx
  • Posted

Hi Susan, do hope the increase to 20mg help, so that you can enjoy your holiday, as for the sweats, could be some other cause for them, I am sure the lightheaded feeling will go away, just one of the side effect when increasing the dose, which will pass I am sure.  Take care and have a great hol. x
  • Posted

Thank you all I will try the 20mg for a week started today I will c how I get on if I'm ok with it I will carry on or I will drop back to the 10mg  I can live with the sweating but not the prickly heat it's awful so you can imagen what I will be like in a hot climate  they have told me to take Piriton I will take that before bed as they make u drowsy so fingers crossed x
  • Posted

Hi Susan

The sweating for me never went away it just got worse and worse, Doctors will tell you to increase the dose all the time , i got up to 30mg my worse symtoms sweating and insomnia just to name a few , as soon as your body gets used to each dose then you need a higher dose , i feel for you and i do hope it helps you but Doctors seem reluctant to let you come of it once your on it , iv now been off them 2 weeks after taking it for 2 years , the with drawel symptons are horrible it got so bad i had to take 1 tablet on Sunday but have thrown them away now x

• Posted

Hi all

2nd day on the 20mg I'm not too bad just light headed or if I move my self to fast I go dizzy  still have a little niggle of headache I still can't understand why the doctor put me upto 20mg as I was happy on 10mg I only called them because of my sweating because it gave me prickly heat I have been reading other stories and others do still sweat bad on 20mg so why would he up my dose

• Posted

If you are happy with 10mg then stick with it, no point in taking more than you need. 
  • Posted

Update

I had to stop taking 20mg it made me sick very dizzy and I sweated even more so I dropped down to the 10mg which I was happy with in the first place why the doctor increased the dosage I really don't know I only told him that I was sweating so much it gave me prickly heat I will stay on the 10 and see the doctor when I get back from my holiday iv lost 9 pounds in weight since I started taken this with all my sweating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.