Increased dose from 10mg to 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

Iv been taking 20mg citalopram for a week now from being on 10mg. I am feeling so spaced out and not really with it, when people talk to me i just dont feel im there. Is this normal does it past? Im thinking of goinf back down to 10mg?

Any advice

Thank u

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I've just started sertraline 2 weeks ago and I feel like im not here too and it's a bit scary! It's just a side effect of the medication....should subside after a bit. I feel like im in a constant dream. I was on citalopram for 7 years but can't remember when I first started it what the side effects were, it pooped out after 7 years so I've switched to sertraline. I know the side effects are horrible but it will get better x 😊

• Posted

It sounds totally normal and it does pass. Hang in there.  You might find it gets a bit worse over the coming days before it gets better. Side effects can last 4-6 weeks but you maybe ok. Stick with it and keep chatting online. We can help you through it.  Good luck. Mark x
  • Posted

Get off it. It totally ruined my life in 8 days.  I was perscribed it for insomnia and it sent me off the edge insane anxiety, I couldn't eat, no sleep and runinating thoughts that never went away. Please don't carry on. Try counselling anything other than this 

• Posted

Hi Marie. What ever you do, don't just stop it. If you are thinking that, then speak to your Dr. You have come this far, and stopping it may mean starting again and going through it all over again. It is good to find other stress reduction techniques such as exercise, walking, counselling etc but these meds work for millions of people including me. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.