Increasing Dosage - Nervous!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started back on Fluoxetine 5mg about two weeks ago. I took Fluoxetine 20mg back in 2014 and it worked amazingly. The reason I'm taking this in the first place is because I suffer from Emetophobia, which is the fear of vomiting. I started back on a low dose to reduce my risk of side effects. These last 2 weeks on 5mg has been terrible. I'm nauseous, anxious 24/7, scared to leave my home. I'm supposed to increase to 10mg, but I'm afraid the side effects will get worse.

I'd love to hear others experiences pertaining to dosage increase and side effects. Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am surprised you are really feeling much in the way of side effects as that is a ridiculously tiny dose! Are you sure it is side effects and not anxiety relating to being worried about side effects?
    • Posted

I honestly do think the physical symptoms I experience are anxiety related. But I haven't been able to make them go away, even when I feel "relaxed". I'm just learning through reading I am doing how strong the mind-body connection is. I feel like my body is on high alert all the time. Like walking through a haunted house, waiting for something to happen. Any recommendations on how to calm down?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.