Increasing dose what to expect ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all ,

I tried once to increase my dose after being on 10mg for 7 weeks and just starting to feel better. When i increased to 20mg the first time i took all 20 mg at night. The second day i woke up with extreme anxiety my xanax didnt even take it away. So i called the doc he told me to split the dose take 10mg in am and 10mg pm. I tried this today after waiting 2 weeks before the first episode of trying to increase. My symptoms of now are a little nausea, agitation, and the dream like state for the first 2 hrs of taking the dose in the am. But the agitation didnt start today till about 9hrs after taking the dose this morning. Any input would be great. Getting nervous about how im going to feel when i wake up after taking the second dose of 10mg.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sasha

I was started on 20mg , wasn't a good experience but just accept that you will feel bad for a couple of weeks till things settle down , try to reduce any commitments you have for that time , let people close to you know , get yourself a few good books & take the pressure of yourself. Keep telling yourself you will feel better soon. Obviously this advice may not be practical with your circumstances. Good luck Tom

• Posted

I had to take 20 , and split it am n pm . After a few weeks I now take on morning and was hard to begin with but eases in a short while . Take care
  • Posted

dont take anymore of these tablets i have been off and on them for 20 years and beleive me they are evil

• Posted

Everyone is different with meds. Why do you believe they are evil ?
  • Posted

Just an update i am on day 2 of the increase splitting the dose and surprisingly i have been doing well. Not sure where the agitation was coming from but i believe to be from weaning off the xanax small dose 1mg a day for 2 months. Tomorrow will be the 4th day from cutting the xanax dose in half but nothing i cant handle because the celexa helps to where i didnt need the full 1mg a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.