Increasing Flouxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

my dr wants to up my flouxetiine i am on 20 mg and she wants to go 30. i have been only on it for 5 weeks, and finally i  am feeling better, with little side effects, but still have anxiety(not bad). my question is has anyone increased there meds and are there more or side effects again? 

thanks in advanced.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy. Your doctor probably feels that an increase in the dose with actually rid you of your anxiety altogether. The increased dose may not give you any side effects at all. If I were you I'd accept the doctor's suggestion and see how things go. Give it a week. If there is little or no side effects but you continue to feel  better then stick with it. If not and you feel that you have increased side effects then you can always revert to the original prescription.
    • Posted

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Always makes me nervous upping meds.
  • Posted

then stay on the 20mg i was fine on that for 3 years its the standard dose
  • Posted

I had a bad reaction to fluoextine I actually felt it increased my depression and if I drank any alcohol It reacted badly. its different for each induvidual do what feels best for you and keep a close eye on any side affects
  • Posted

your not suppose to drink on meds , you get 10 times the hangover plus depression
    • Posted

Your correct on that score but a drink as a  treat won't do any harm. N 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.