Increasing frequency in suicidal thoughts. When will this end?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had suicidal thoughts lately and by that I mean the past few years but the last 3 months had been bad to say the least. 2 nights ago I had the worst episode to the point where I was actually going to attempt but thank goodness I'm super lazy and decided not to (was just gonna see what it feels like to have a rope around your neck. was gonna use a skipping rope but couldn't be bothered to get them). anyways i wasn't gonna off myself I just wanted to see what it feels like. What sort of techniques can I use to prevent suicidal thoughts entering my mind? What has worked for you?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ryan you really are suffering and it hurts me to hear how deeply depressed you are! On this site you will find kind people that will understand and will try to help you find solutions on how to live more comfortably! Have you considered calling your GP and trying to get help for your depression. At this point it is urgent that you see a doctor and get some help. I do not want you to continue to suffer. What do you think about my suggestions? Please keep writing to us. We care about you. Diane
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply and thank you for your concern. Yes I am seeing a doctor and a counsellor and we are working things out and its been helping slowly. Sometimes I just cannot help but think suicidal thoughts. And it gets a bit annoying because I don't wanna be thinking them but I am. My counsellor today recommended me to phone suicide hotline when I'm getting to that point. 

• Posted

Hi ryan54591. Depressive feelings, inner negativities, perhaps a sense of hopelessness - those are things which can drive the thoughts to suicide. Yes, I think talking to your doctor about therapy regarding your present situation - be honest - can help you begin to find some happiness again. Life can be difficult but depending on how you approach it, it can also bring really good times as well. It really can, I've been there. Go to YouTube and listen to techniques on mindfulness or type in how people overcame suicide. There's a lot of helpful stuff there. All the best, you'll rise above this don't worry.

• Posted

Thank you. I go to YouTube daily but haven't really thought about watching stuff about mindfulness etc. so thanks for the advice I might do that. Yup life has so much potential to be great. I don't wanna go just yet. I still have a lot to give and a lot to receive back. 

• Posted

Sorry ryan54591. My previous reply is still waiting to be moderated - probably because I mentioned a popular video sharing website. Everyone knows the one. Because on there you can find a lot of helpful stuff concerning the things you're talking about. I use it in a self help way. Personally, I can't really say what's fully worked for me because I still struggle, but mindfulness helps me cope. All the best and keep fighting! 

• Posted

Hi Ryan - who will be left to grieve you? How will they feel? Will they blame themselves because they didn't see it coming? Will they feel rage because you have done this? What will happen to you? Will there be complete oblivion? Will you cease to exist? Will you relive the pain caused by your act? Will you see how you interrupted the span of your life and failed to be here when your presence was crucial for some event? Crucial for someone else? Will you have to relive your life as it has been to get past that point you chose to leave? Will it be harder the next time around? Will things seem even more bleak than this time?

Forget about trying rope for size. Don't go down that path. Pick up your phone and call the doctor. Make an appointment to discuss what you are feeling. It is your job to explore every possible avenue to help yourself before you even contemplate what you are describing. There is help if you look for it. There's a future for you. Meanwhile we are always here to talk.

• Posted

Thank you Wayne, your words have touched me. You are right I refuse to give up on me. I love my family and I wanna be with them in their happiest moments. I am quite respected and loved by many. I need to put myself in as high regard as they see me.
    • Posted

These are such wise words having been there myself and come out the other side and seeing what state people are left in having come so close to losing someone (me). Thank you for this i has helped me too.
  • Posted

Hi Ryan. To be honest. My doctor has put me on  anti depressant. Citalopram.   It has helped me big time. 4 / 5 weeks ago I was trying to figure out the easiest way to die but what  stopped me was the fact I don't want to upset  my family.  Please go see your doctor.  What has happened in your life to make you depressed ? 

• Posted

glad to hear Citalopram worked for you! I was sexually abused as a child hence all these symptoms but have recently just started confronting and dealing with it
  • Posted

Hi Ryan,

Even though you might not think it or feel it, there are people out there that care about you, right here all these people commenting care about you otherwise they wouldnt take the time to write. always remember this.

Always remember also, that if anything did happen, how would your family find out? how would they cope? your birthday every year would turn into the blackest day of the year because you weren't there. Every Christmas would be awful. You are feeling awful now but IT IS temporary, if you were no longer here, that isn't temporary for your family. Thats the rest of life. I have been exactly where you are several times, and I planned it and fantasized and thought about it for hours and then I thought about after, how I'd be found, what mess I'd be in and I honestly could not put my family through that. 

We are always here whenever you need.

• Posted

Thank you wherever you are. Your kind, sincere and honest words moved me. I guess I have to keep reminding myself of all the positive aspects of my life. They far outweigh the negatives. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.