Incredibly foolish mistake - not sure what to do!

Posted , 3 users are following.

About couple of months ago, I increased my NDT from 150mg to 157mg for about 3 weeks.  I started to feel over-medicated, so I dropped my thyroid meds to:

Day1: 120mg

Day 2: 120mg

Day 3: 60mg

Day 4: 30mg

Day 5: 0

Day 6: 30mg

Day 7: 60mg

BIG mistake!  I am now on Day 22 back at 150mg, and am suffering both hypo and hyper symptoms.  The worst of it has been a strong heat flash about 2 hours or so after my NDT dose.  How do I get through this???

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not educated enough to give you any real advice other than 'don't fool with dosages!'  I'd suggest you call your doctor and get a blood test ASAP. 

• Posted

Yes Diane, you are right.  I did get a blood test about 5 days after I reduced the dosage.

FT3 3.94 (ref 3.9 - 6.7)        

FT4 15.9 (ref 12.0 - 220)

I saw some info here: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/hot-flashes-299729 on this issue and thought I would ask my question because things seemed similar for this poster.

• Posted

You increased dosage just 7mcg than felt overmed than dropped dosages but inconsistently and than go back to 150mcg and complain about heat flash. Why would you go back to 150mcg.

guess bc you were allover the place with dosing. If you feel that bad maybe skipping a day would help more or decrease slowly. Heat flash not as revealing as your heart/

pulse rate, blood pressure, body temp, respirations, at the time. But you should go to doctor's office so he can record vitals etc and manage you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.