Indecision driving me mad

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Now I've never been one for making snap decisions but my indecision is getting out of control.

Last weekend I need to spend 2p more at the garden centre to get £10 discount. It took me 40 minutes to choose something, 10 of which were spend deciding between 7 exactly the same plants.

Anybody else finding this a peri problem?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Know what you mean, go up the stairs dont know what I went there for, go shopping can't think and leave trolley in store and come home with nothing, know I have to ring someone but can't remember who, can't be bothered to get up sometimes - I'm in menopause ( surgical) and sympathise with you. 😁
    • Posted

Oh yes I've had the dreadful memory thing for ages too. I don't even think about that anymore, I just have many diaries, lists etc, think I'll move onto notes on my phone next.
  • Posted

yes!  Indecision can be excruciating, tho with me it's more of a personality thing than hormonal 😄.  I've got quite cross with myself in the past for time wasting. And I've been meaning to get a new bathroom for years, but too much choice, therefore can't make a decision.  Goes hand in hand with perfectionism I am afraid.  Still.....there are some plusses! X
    • Posted

I get the bathroom thing, we have bare stairs atm since decorating, I haven't even rang the carpet guy as i don't want to make the decision!
  • Posted

Heehee yesterday I thought about picking up some cake, but I thought 'oh no, there'll be so many choices, I'd better not even go in to the store, I'll get stressed from having to decide!" 

I guess I was always pretty picky (okay, let's say sensitive and detail-oriented, makes it sound better!). Maybe it's gotten worse, and maybe I am just getting better about not putting myself in situations where I don't stress myself out.  Still, very much a first world problem, and kinda funny really. Well, that's the way I look at it. 

• Posted

Thanks Hun, in the grand scheme of things it is like you say funny and very first world!

• Posted

middlemuddle

That's not a problem.  That's a small supply of chocolate bars at the checkout, surely?!!

yeah, sorta do this. But have always done something like that.  If I have a Birthday Card to buy, my husband always says:   "Just pick one, buy it, and come out!".   In all honesty I do spent too much time getting the right card. 

Ha Ha!  Just read Lou86 below.  We should use this up and down the stairs-mullarkey as exercise!!lol

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.