Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
m78031 m78031 2

Indented/Pitted Scar lasering (Co2 & Flaxel)

Hi all,

I have suffered from acne since a teenager, and after being on roaccatane for 6 months about 5 years ago it really settled down, but I am on the dianette pill to help keep it at bay.

Now at 26, I have noticed that I have been left with indented/pitted scarring in between my eyebrows and across my cheeks. I have paid for chemical peels and microdermabrasion and they haven’t helped much, if at all. This has in turn affected my social life, relationships, work and day to day life.

Last year I looked into lasering, and went to The London Clinic, Harley Street where I was offered the N-Lite laser. After being quoted A LOT of money for this procedure (without the nurse even taking my make up off, or really looking at my skin), I went away with the information and decided to carry on researching before spending so much money (she also confirmed they could not confirm whether it would 100% work).

Since then I have been told by various skin professionals the N-Lite would not help my scarring and its mainly beneficial to patients who are suffering with active acne as opposed to just resolving the scarring. I recently went to SK:N Clinic and was given information regarding the Co2 laser and the Flaxel laser. The nurse seemed to know a lot, took time to check my skin and scarring and didn’t push for me to book with the doctor. Also the prices, although still expensive are a lot more realistic as she said that the procedures will 100% work.

Since then I have gone away, and done my research and can only find reviews from America, and quite recently. I want some long term feedback and whether it would be worth going through with the procedure?

My question are:

Have you had either laser done on your indented/pitted scarring?

How long ago was the procedure carried out?

Does the procedure take months to see lasting results?

Could the procedure have negative effects in years to come?

Any other questions or information I should know/ask?

Sorry for the essay, but I think lasering your face is something that should be thought long and hard about and would really appreciate any stories people would like to share

Thank you

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.