Indeterminant result after two negative hiv results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi back in march I had unprotected sex so I have tests done in may for most stds including hiv 7 weeks after the unprotected event they all came back negative I then had all the tests done again two weeks later at 9 weeks after the event it all come bk negative , last week on 23 July I had all the tests done again all came back negative except my hiv which came back indeterminant , I am completely freaking out as I've kept my protected since march and my current partner was tested in may aswell and all his results where negative I know this because I was with him when he got his results , I am really scared does anyone have any advice ????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you've tested negative 7 weeks and 9 weeks after exposure, then the indeterminate result is almost certainly a problem at the lab.  I'd get tested again if I were you, but it's highly unlikely that you have HIV.

• Posted

Just found out that I am hiv negative I am feeling a lot better but I still panicking over it so I think it would be best to get some counciling
  • Posted

glad to hear. Sleep well, eat well & relax with friends. Counceling may not be be needed if you have all the three smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.