Indigestion

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I take over the counter medicines for indigestion?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Roy. Are you taking other meds? If you are, best see your GP to make sure the OTC meds will be safe to take. Also, are you sure it's indigestion? It could be someting like a Hyitus Hernia, or the symptoms of heart trouble. Not trying to be a scaremonger, you just need to make sure before you self diagnose.
  • Posted

Totally fine, I have taken omeprazole in the past and I'm on Ranitadine at the moment taken with gavison as and when needed. The citalopram also makes the indigestion a lot worse.
  • Posted

Hey Roy,

It always pays to check with your doc, and the chemist I have a cold flu thing so checked out if I could take drugs for that as well as cita (which I could) but you just want to be sure my man.

• Posted

I'm sure I've been taking them together for 2 years.
  • Posted

I asked my doctor yesterday abiut taking things like tums and she said it was totally fine. But not to take a daily medicine like Prilosec just yet (only been on Cit for 2 weeks). 
  • Posted

Thanks for all the replies will give Gaviscon a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.