Infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'll be 4 weeks post op on Tuesday . I was told there may be an odour from the site and I know there is but unsure if it's an infection or just normal? I tried getting a GP appointment but nothing til 6 April to see a lady doctor . I have a phone appointment on Wednesday, my follow up at the hospital isn't til 13th April x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rosiepix. Is it an offensive smell and is there a discharge?
    • Posted

No discharge that's been different to how it has been , it's offensive but not sure if I'm being paranoid xx
    • Posted

Sorry about the questions. Is the smell from your vagina then?
    • Posted

I know you said you can't get an appointment with your GP for a while is there a possibility you could see one of the nurses in the surgery who could take a swab? Just to rule anything out really
    • Posted

Thank you I'll call tomorrow and ask . Thanks for your advice Matron x
  • Posted

I would push for an appointment. I am not shy so told receptionist what was wrong and was seen that morning. If you tell them you have had surgery down there recently and you think you may have an infection they should get you seen.
    • Posted

When I phoned Barbara it was obviously a young male receptionist , I told him I'd had an op but really didn't want to go into details with him lol x thank you xx
    • Posted

You don't have to say anything to the receptionist. If they ask say it's "personal".
  • Posted

I feel that the smell is offensive as well.  had a swab taken and it showed I had thrush but then that does not usually smell....don't know if this is normal or not! 2 weeks and 3 days after surgery,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.