Infection after a Vaginal repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anyone experienced an infection after surgery. I E : smelly discharge 15 days after surgery

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don't think I had an infection but there definitely was an Oder for 3-4 weeks along with quite a bit of discharge.  I did get a urinenary tract infection but I don't think the Oder was from that.  I was given a lot of iv antibiotics during and after surgery.  Also for UTI for two weeks.
    • Posted

just a little worried , it has been like this for a couple of days will see what it is like tomorrow , I was worried after surgery as they sent me home really quickly opp at 9am home at 3pm
  • Posted

I had my op last Thursday. At moment I am still bleeding like day 4 of a period. My worry is it feels as though I haven't had op, still got the feeling of something coming down. I read if you have a smelly discharge you need to go to doc for anti biotics.
    • Posted

thanks  Gillian, it does feel strange at first but will get better , feeling that is, I just seem to have a few probs at the moment
    • Posted

( 1 week) I too left after I came out of reovery.

This is the first day I haven't noticed an odor, greatful. I decided to do some extra cleanings/showers hoping to keep infection down.

Taking your temperature could help your doctor too. don't let it get above 100.4

• Posted

Hi... iv not had an infection but funny enough iv been telling my husband iv smelt a bit vinegary down below I'm still having to wear panty liners which I expected and I wash after every visit to the loo (just bathe it with cotton pads )... I'm sure with the healing that's taking place there will be a slight smell .. I hope that's what it is ....
  • Posted

Hi, yes I too had a bad smell down there. Went to theGP, had to wait a week for result, which was water infection. She gave me antibiotics 50 ml, but after I had finished them, had terrific stomach pain, and had to go to A & E in the middle of the night. After tests, they said I still had an infection and gave me antibiotics 500 - yes, 500!! - ml. It did then clear up, so don't linger, go to your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.