Infection After Surgery .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

As anyone  had gallbladder  removal  and  suffered an infection in one of the  wound sites  ?

If you  have  could you tell me what your symptoms were please ?

Thanks. 

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Mines was very sore to touch, was very red and had pus coming out of it. Also had a temperature and very high heart rate as well xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Meant to  say I think that they send us out of hospital  too soon. 

The anaesthetic  hasn't worn off so how do you know  what state you are in !!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yep I had flucloxacillin for a week double dose. Then still hadn’t cleared so got another weeks worth. Went back a week after that as it had opened up again leaking a lot of pus and it got swabbed and grew certain bacteria. My GP had already prescribed a weeks worth of other antibiotics. They were the right ones for the bacteria that the swab grew. 

I was more than ready to leave hospital the day after the op as had already been in for a week haha. Hope you’re feeling better soon! Meant to say if it’s flucloxacillin you’re on then take some kind of stomach protector as it gave me really bad reflux xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I'm  on flucloxacillin too. I'm already on pantoprazole so hopefully will

be okay.   Has your  infection  cleared  now scottie   ?   It does worry me a bit, 

I'll be glad when the pain starts to  ease  xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I'm  on flucloxacillin too. I'm already on pantoprazole so hopefully will

be okay.   Has your  infection  cleared  now scottie   ?   It does worry me a bit, 

I'll be glad when the pain starts to  ease  xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How are you ? Xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had to  ring 111 for advice.      I  felt so sick on the antibiotics,   was having  terrible stomach  cramps plus the  antibiotics  gave me  thrush  in my mouth.

I was told to stop  the antibiotics,     I am hoping that the infection has gone but 

just got to wait and see. I'm   still getting  bad stomach  cramps  and can't eat as it makes the cramps  worse   .    I need to see my GP  as feel so weak from lack of food and the cramping  is causing me to have  panicky  feelings. I feel  so alone with it as   my  family  don't  understand.  

Hope you are feeling better  x

I hope  you are feeling   better .

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up