Infection or just over doing it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been really good and have rested a lot, today is 4 weeks post op.

Yesterday was my first trip out the house (I have been in the garden before though) with a trip to the dentist, I was out about an hour or so. Not much stress and hubby delivered me to the door, I walked back to the car park but less than 5 minutes.

Today I am feeling a bit below parr, no energy, no motivation just a bit "off". I also have a kind of cramping feeling like period pains but it isn't that as I had one two weeks ago. My lower abdomen is also rather tender and I feel a bit queasy.

What do you reckon? Have I just done too much or is there a potential infection, probably water works rather than a wound infection? 

There is no pain on going to the loo, I do feel like I need to go often but then I am drinking quite a lot!

I am wondering if I should make an appointment for tomorrow to see the GP, the way I feel right now I just can't be bothered with the effort but that could easily be the result of an infection.

My GP is usually really good and I will get an appointment if I need one tomorrow.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you have an infection you often have a temperature, but not always of course. You know your own body better than anyone so if you think something is wrong then see your GP.
    • Posted

Hi Matron and Claire,

Mi name is Ivania, I have similar symptoms . However, I am 5 weeks post op. ( had cystocele and rectocele repair)

I will like to know if this symptoms has something to do with my job ( I drive a lot and I am in and out of my car a lot..)

But I also have a 9 month old baby, which I am down to nurse her twice a day and pump twice a day (before I was nursing 3 times at night and pumped 3 times w day...) do not have my period yet.

So, do think it has to do with my job?

Or my period about to come back?

It's possible to have a perfectly heal outside woun and not healing well inside?

Hugs to all

• Posted

Have you returned to work Miliva? If you have I definitely think getting in and out of your car will make you uncomfortable as will sitting.
    • Posted

Yes have Matron. Since week 3.

I work five days a week from 7 am to 5 pm

I feel strong and good, but for the last few days I feel very fatigue and period symptoms.

Could it be something is wrong inside?

Outside everything looks healthy

• Posted

Personally I think you returned to work too early and I'm surprised you felt well enough. I'm not surprised you feel tired and in some discomfort. It's hard for me to say if anything could be wrong but obviously at this stage you are still healing.
  • Posted

HI Claire,

I'm also 4 weeks post op (TVH & Ant Repair) and I feel slightly worse this week than I did last week. 

A little bit tender round the abdomen but no pain when I press it.

I've just posted a new discussion about whether I might have overdone the pelvic floor exercises.

I can't wait till I see my surgeon on 28th May.  I want her to examine me and tell me everything's OK.

good luck

• Posted

So this morning I feel even more tired and achy and have the feeling like I need the loo and then when I go I don't.

I called the docs and have been for an appointment, collected antibiotics and back home on the sofa for the day and its only 9.30! There are a couple of films I fancy that we have recorded so today is a total veg day for me. Slightly frustrating as the surgery is feeling so much better over the last few days, my walking is much easier now but I am slowed down by my legs just not wanting to move.

Hopefully this will pass quickly, the lovely nurse I saw said to go back Monday if it has not improved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.