Infections and TKR

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had a TKR on November 1 and a surgery on my wrist on December 9. The surgery on my wrist has became infected. I remember something about infections and TKR but can't remember all of it. It's Saturday and I'm wondering if I can wait until Monday to see a doctor or if I need to go to urgent care tomorrow? It's draining and I've put on antibiotic ointment and a bandage is this enough?

Thanks Mary

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

E.R immediately....preferably at the same hospital where you had the surgery so all your records are there and immediately available. You need your surgeon and possibly an infectious doc asap.
  • Posted

My surgeon and dentist both said an antibiotic before any dental work - even a cleaning- for the REST OF MY LIFE because any type of infection or bacteria will try to attack the fake knee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.