Inflammed Gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Needing some advise please as i feel misrable sad

For over the past year ive been feeling poorly mostly everyday........symptoms i get are below.

Nausea almost everyday.

Feeling of fullness in top abdomen......i feel this about an hour to 2 hours after eating a meal and can last for the rest of the day.

I get sharp niggles where my gallbladder is situated.

I get dull aches in my back and sometimes feels like i have a knot in my right shoulder blade.

A bruised like feeling in my top abdomen and feels worse when i press on in......even on the top right of my abdomen.

Tiredness/sometimes slight dizziness/ hot feeling like i have a tempreture like im sitting right next to a heater.

Constipation or dont go for a few days.

Ive even woken in the middle of the night a few times feeling sick to my stomach which lasts an hour.

I did get an ultra sound and it came back that the walls of my gallbladder are slighly thickened and inflammed........they also mentioned that their is something else going on inside which they weren not clear about, something like ''' rought parts inside'' the gallbladder.

Could all my symptoms be because of this??? these symptoms ahve gotten worse over the past year. 

The thing i dont understand is that most gallblader stories i hear is that people are in sever agony with pain.......im just feeling sooooo unwell.

I was hospitalised for 3 weeks when i was 17 with pancratitis, inflammation.. they just dosed me up with morphine the whole time and thats it. Im now 31 years old .

Please if anyone can please tell me their stories and symptoms please reply and really would like to find out whats wrong with me and if it could be my gallbladder......as i dont speak to my surgeon  till the 20th of nov sad

thankyou xxx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, You sound so much like I was. I never got the really severe pain just a nagging pain most of the time.I felt so ill all the time.   I had the dull ache round my back and immediately over my GB area I got a niggley pain coming and going. I felt like I had a tennis ball stuck under my ribs and lying on my right side was so uncomftable at times. I even got to the point where I couldnt bend and couldnt sit up against a chair becuase the pressure hurt. I put up with being like this for over 6 months. I ended up eating just vegtables and porridge made with water. I couldnt  tolerate any fat at all not even a small amount in soya milk. Food was a nightmare it just seemed to be anything I ate triggered it . I am now 8 weeks post op and am beginning to eat again smile It has been a slow process for me but then I have other health issues too but im so glad my GB is gone smile One thing I would say is keep chasing them up. I kept in touch with the surgeons secretary and she was very good in trying to get things moving faster for me when she relasied how unwell I was although it still took time. If they have picked up inflammation already for you it sounds like it needs to come out asap smile
  • Posted

I feel for you. I'm currently spending my day in bed dosed up on oramorph due to the pain, whilst my stepdaughter and baby nephew are downstairs. I hardly sleep now which doesn't help with the constant exhaustion. I work in a school and in a 7 week term I have been off 4 weeks of it due to gallstones, 2 separate occasions.

I get pains under my rib cage, right hand side, all down my side and into my back, when it's a full blown attack it lasts for up to 5 hours has been the worst, I have stones and also have sludge in there too, my liver is not working as it should due to the stones. I've been on an extremely low fat diet 3% preferably below for over a month and dairy free for 6 months. It's a horrible situation to be in.

Try your doctors again or if that fails go to A&E. Good luck

• Posted

Vonnie

You would seem to have the classic symptons that a lot of us on this site have had and as jane says you need it out asap. But ensure that you discuss with the cosultant what are the chances that  you could continue with sickness feeling and stomach probs afterwards and if so what can they do

Some of us are having probs after surgery, mine was keyhole and out in 6 hours and 9 months down the line am having lots of problems. That is not to say you will as many peeps do get relief from symptons soon after Op.

Good luck 

• Posted

I am no doctor but reading these bloggs sounds like gall bladder. A lot of people with IBS or gall bladder attacks get relieft by cutting out dairy and reducing meats and oils (by going vegan). Sounds like you need an MRI with contrast to find out whats going on. A history of pancratitis inflammation caught my attention. The MRI will check that out too. You may not need to have gall bladder out yet. Likely the doctor will get to the bottom of it. I met with a surgeon on 11/11 to get more tests myself to see if my gall bladder needs to come out. By doing what I recommended, I am symptom free for now. Not sure if it will have to come out or not.
  • Posted

I did try a low fat diet extra and it did make so symptoms better but not many sad   i still felt pretty unwell.
  • Posted

Hi Vonnie sorry to hear your in pain and sick for so long. I had mine removed 10 months ago and like others have side effects which was told prior to surgery was very rare. However I have since spoken to so many that have had that operation that have some side effect. A lot of people can't eat certain foods like spicey foods or cream or dairy or drink red wine,for others indigestion constipation and diarrhea. Very few of us are told about side effects. In fact most are told you can eat what you want afterwards! My gallbladder wasn't inflamed but I had a large stone. I totally regret the operation and regret not trying alternatives to see if I could have gotten rid of the stone. My friend had inflammation like you a few years ago and refused surgery and went to a naturopathic doctor who treated it and has had no problems since. Doctors are too quick to remove this organ and don't want to know when you start having problems afterwards. I've been taking milk thistle extract with dandelion and artichoke the last few months and find it great. It's great for the liver and gallbladder. Gallbladder problems stem from the liver usually due to high estrogen levels from birth control, hrt, steroids and also excess body fat can cause increased estrogen. The liver cannot handle the excess estrogen so the bile becomes thicker and more sludgy causing the gallbladder problems. If your on birth control try to stop it. The milk thistle detoxes the liver and gets rid of excess estrogen and also balances the hormones. Also try sticking to an alkaline diet as we all tend to eat a more acid diet which adds to the problems. Also apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon 3 times a day in a cup of warm water. Try what you can to keep this organ as unfortunately you won't know until after the operation if your going to have side effects or not. Take care x
  • Posted

You need to get this sorted ASAP. I ended up spending Monday to Thursday in hospital. Went to clinic on Monday for an appointment to talk about having GB out and I didn't make it to clinic as I was admitted, turned out I had an horrendous infection in GB which was making me soooo poorly, I didn't have any of the horrendous pains, just a nagging pain constantly, and sleeping more and more and feeling like I had the flu, may I add not once did I have a temperature by the point of being admitted I had started to go yellow xx
    • Posted

Thanks, Yeah, I have an appointment with the surgeon 11/11/15 to discuss the options and possibly get more tests. Odd thing is after that one week of gall bladder attacks (If that was what it was for sure) I feel fine and can eat anything including meat. I am concerned about why the gall bladder is contracted and the duct is collapsed. Hopefully not cancer. I think they have to run the MRI again with contrast. I do get these days when i am so weak. perhaps just my crohn's. Unless I got lyme disease from those two tic bites this summer. there is a round rash where it bite me. i understand too that lyme disease can cause intestinal issues. So many diseases so little time. world is a risky place with all those mircobes running around like they own the planet.
    • Posted

yes thats what i get everyday.....a feeling like im comind down with a virus/flu.......its horrible sad im still getting the dull pain on my upper top andomen and on my right side .....sometimes i get sharp niggles on the right side too.....new symptom to add now........feeling slighly breathless sometimes even when i talk! And aches on my upper right side of back to like the feeling i have stomething stuck their. I tried to get my appointment with the surgeon sooner b ut they said their is a waiting list!!! not happy at all! sad
    • Posted

I hate that you're suffering so much. I have a constant back pain middle of my back on the right hand side!! Driving me nuts!! This whole thing is driving me nuts now.

Luckily from finding the gallstones to operation has only been a few weeks but I suffered for 6 months back and forth to the doctors and they kept saying it was acid reflux keep nagging on and on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.