Info needed about Transvaginal Ultrasound

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I am being sent to the hospital for this procedure after a little pink spotting...I am not looking forward to having this done and wondered if anyone could tell me if it is painful...Gp did internal exam and I even found that uncomfortable.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Wainright22, How did your Ultrasound go?  Just thinking about you, Please let me know...
  • Posted

Hello everyone, just got my test results back from my gyn. So he says, the Endometrial thickness of 6 mm is mildly thickened. Findings

could represent hyperplasia, polyp, or neoplasm I will have to have an endometrial biopsy.  So I was having a good lunch now I have no appetitie.  Anyone ever experience anything like this?  Kinda nervous at hearing all of this. 

• Posted

Hi c02706,

As my GP explaine to me the other day, if the womb lining is over 4mm they will do biopsy as a matter of course..does not mean there is anything wrong...these are the guidlines they work to. 

• Posted

Hi c02706, I was just thinking about you. Have you had the biopsy yet? Hope you are feeling better. (Hugs)
    • Posted

Hi 2chr2015, I am scheduled to have the biopsy on 10/17.  I have heard its very painful, the doctor has given me something that he says will "soften" the uterus and Im to appy it 1 hour before the procedure.  I also have heard that the cervix can be "freezed" so its less painful.  Have you heard anything about any of these things?  Take care and Bless you for thinking of me.....

• Posted

Hi c02706, I am still waiting to hear from the hospital for my scan, if no news tomorrow I am ringing the GP surgery to chase it up, can't keep sitting here worrying. I am dreading having to have a biopsy too, also heard it is painful...might be an idea to post a seperate message to ask the advice of other members as they would not have seen your post here..

• Posted

Hi c02706,

Thanks for replying to 2chr2015.  I've been wondering about you, too. The cervix can't be "frozen" because the doctor has to open it slightly to get to your uterus.  So what you were given will probably help relax the cervix and its opening.  

I had a biopsy done in office without pain meds, but I was given a tranquilizer I could take before going to my appointment.  I was scared, and it wasn't pleasant, but my husband held my hand and I got through it.

After the biopsy has been completed, they'll give you a pad to wear home and let you rest a bit.  You'll probably spot or bleed for a while afterwards.

Best of luck!  Let us know how you did!  xx

Lynda 

• Posted

Hi Wainright22,

Thanks for replying to C02706's message.  Please do keep pestering them and let us know how you're doing! xx

• Posted

Thanks Lynda, The anxiety this is causing me is terrible, had the same with breast clinic a few months ago..this year has been a nightmare, one thing after another. Thank you for your support
    • Posted

I had a biopsy a very long time ago, but I think it was cervix only. Not sure. I was pretty young. They gave me something to relax me which totally did not work. I am sure someone on here will help you know what to expect. I would prob put up a new post like someone else suggested. I am keeping you in my prayers. Try not to worry. I know that is so hard to do. Staying on here and just asking for prayers and support has helped me more than anything through this kind of stuff!
    • Posted

You are so welcome!  I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, as before the Patient notifications were appearing in my in box. Not so, now.  I had to hunt up this discussion!

How are you doing? xx

• Posted

yes Lynda i wonder if there is a tech problem? i haven't had any email notifications for about 4days - only found by accident on here by clicking onto notifications. i have reported it - but don't know if its a tech problem or this we are no longer going to get email notifications. - do you know? x

• Posted

Hi, Looloo, it's driving me crazy.  That's how I found all of mine, in a long list.  It's maddening!  All of a sudden, the e-mails went away.  Thought I'd been naughty and banned or something!  

How do you report a tech problem?  Would you please send me a private message?  That's the only way I'm getting notifications.  Thanks so much! xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda, i clicked on one of the discussions i was following & clicked on the "report this" box. i clicked on the moderator box & told him i was having problems with no email notifications- he emailed me back after he done something techie, & now new discussions are coming through in my email. maybe do the same - i did tell him most recently in contact with him(the moderator is called Alan) that you were having problems too, so maybe it's a  wider issue. x

• Posted

Hi, Looloo!  Thanks, I appreciate it so much!  I am now getting the notifications.  I hope you're doing well!  Have a great day, or evening, depending on where you're located! smile xx

• Posted

Hello Ladies, hope everyone is doing well.  Well I had my biopsy yesterday morning and it did not go well, in fact I had to tell him to stop during the procedure, it was quite painful.  Since I have never given birth, I think it was more difficult for me.  Anyway he did get some tissue but not a whole lot, in fact he told me he didnt think he had enough to submit to the Pathologist and he may have to repeat....NO!!!... Then he mention a lot of possibilities of things that could be wrong with me.  Then he mentioned HPV in an agressive stage????   I dont have any idea how this happened, then he said my pap was normal.  Needless to say I cried all day yesterday.  So I should get the results next week.  Thanks so much for letting me share.  GOD Bless...
    • Posted

I'm so sorry it was traumatic! I so hoped it would go better for you.    Please rest as much as you can and be gentle with yourself, while you wait.  

Let me know the results. You are in my prayers. xx 

• Posted

Thank You Lynda20916, its just hard right now, but  im trying to be positive. More worried about the results at this point.  Thanks so much for your prayers. 
    • Posted

Hi C02706, 

So sorry to hear that you had a traumatic time with your biopsy, this is one of the things I am dreading havint to have done, however, I still have a week before my ultrasound, so will have to see what happens. You mentioned HPV in your post, but I am not sure what that is?? HUGS to you xx

• Posted

I understand completely!  I know that it's really scary!  Be extra nice to yourself while you wait.  Only someone else who's had to wait for biopsy results understands, I find.  

Take it day by day, hour by hour, or minute by minute if you need to! xx

• Posted

Hi co2076. I'm so sorry it was that uncomfortable for you. I hope the doc or nurse was compassionate and understanding. I am praying for a positive outcome for you. Please keep us updated. You are in our prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.