Information for significant others dealing with fibroids

Posted , 2 users are following.

My girlfriend has has fibroids for a long time. It causes painful intercourse. Is there information available for significant others in regard to support for my girlfriend?

I love this woman. We have been togetyer now for almost a year. We had alot of sex when we were first together. While I knew sometimes she had pain, and she explained why, I guess I didn't understand the impact it had on her. Recently we have not been having sex, and when I asked about it (of course the guy thing to do is assume the worst is a possibility, like she's just not interested in me anymore) she got a bit upset like she'd explained it to me already. Because we had so much sex in the honeymoon phase of our relationship I guess I just totally missed it. I feel thick headed and dumb now. I guess I thought she was "Ok" with the risk of pain. Again, because she was so sexual initially.

What should I do? Try to talk to her about sexual intimacy options that do not involve intercourse? I am thinking of just telling her I love her and I am ok with not having intercourse if it causes her pain. And that is like to talk about other sexual intimacy options, whenever she is ready to. She has talked about seeking treatment, but needs to become more financially stable first... any type of feedback would be appreciated.

If this is not the correct forum let me know. If you could direct me to another forum, I would appreciate that too.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

" I am thinking of just telling her I love her and I am ok with not having intercourse if it causes her pain. "

If you love her then this will be true and you MUST tell her this. Reassure her that you don't want her to do anything that might cause pain. 

Once she is able to trust that there is no risk of pain when you are being intimate then she may be ready to explore other sexual options. 

Don't pressure her. Offer to give her a gentle massage. Fibroids can cause lower back pain

• Posted

Thank you for your input. I have told her that. I think she feels obligated to provide intercourse. I have told her she doesn't owe me anything of course. I do not think she's ever been with anyone that would totally support her in that regard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.