Information on Fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Just found this web site about people who are on Fluoxetine. I have just started this medication after trying Citalopram for 5 weeks which did not help at all with my problem. I have now been taking Fluoxetine for 11 days, and my side affects are waking up at night feeling sick and sweating. Also during the day feeling very nervous, agitated and my ability to concentrate is very poor. Was just wondering if other people had similar side effects and how long before these start to subside? As I am new to this site and this is my first experience with this type of medication any help would be very much appreciate.

Many thanks for any advise of information given.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Badplace

I asked a friend at work who is manic depressive about a drug for nausea.

I get a horrible side effect that is a nausea headache that lasts for 8/10 days and i asked him about this earlier this month.

METOCLOPRAMIDE is the name of the drug. I don't know anything about it or possible side effects. This website has information on it though.

I didn't want to take any further chemical drugs so i went down the natural path.

Ginger, if you like the taste, is meant to be good for nausea.

I bought some ginger and lemon tea that has 40% ginger in it. It tastes ok too. Got that at Holland and Barrett.

I hope this information is of some help.

Best wishes mate. :roll:

• Posted

Hi, everyone,

It is a while since I posted any details on my progress, although I have been keeping up to date with all the new information posted which is a great source of detail for me. I am starting to feel a little bit better these last few days. I have now been on Fluoxetine for 6 weeks and on a recent visit to my doctor she increased my dosage up to 40mg per day. (Not really sure why she did it?) Was just wondering from anyone how has had their dosage increased did they experience any additional side effects? The nausea I was experiencing previously is not quit as bad but still come and goes. Not sure if I should increase my dosage and if you should take the 40mg all at one time or stager the dosage. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hope my entire fellow suffers are make some progress with there problems also.

Many thanks

Badplace

• Posted

hey badplace,

i was on 20mg for the first 4 weeks of taking flu.

i must say at first i was scared of taking 40mg. i felt like i couldn't handle it. but thinking back now i think the daily dosage just helped flu to \"kick in\" for me.

im on 40mg for 3 months now and i like them :D

all the best

m

• Posted

Hi Badplace

I really hope 40mg works for you. Take it all at once. Hopefully it will give you the boost you need.

You may feel a little numb for a couple of weeks while your body adjusts to the new dosage but having been on 40mg for about 7 weeks it's definitely worth it.

Hope you lose the nausea for good.

Good luck and best wishes mate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.