Inguinal Hernia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been diagnosed as having a small inguinal hernia. The hernia, up until now, is a little bit too small to have the operation done - it doesnt cause me much bother. However, I also have a slight pain in the perineal area, next to my thigh, a little further along from the inguinal hernia (which is at the spermatic cord location).

I am wondering, if the pain I am feeling in the perineal area is perhaps also a hernia of some kind? The inguinal hernia, and the pain in the perineum are both on the same side, so I am wondering of they could be related?

A hernia is caused by weakening of the muscle wall allowing the 'insides' to bulge through a bit.. so I'm wondering if a weakening has also occurred in the perineum / pelvic floor? Is this also a site for a hernia? It feels like 'something is stuck', in the perineal region.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

David

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you are experiencing referred pain from the hernia? Has your doctor not explained all these questions to you? Go back to your doctor to get firm answers to your concerns.

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm hoping this is what it might be. I haven't yet mentioned this to my Dr. I think that is definitely the best thing to do..

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.