Injured Knee...What's the Cause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently I broke my ankle and have been released from physical therapy. I have been noticing my knee hurting a lot more than usually and i didn't hurt it in any way. Every time I squat I hear a quiet explosion under my knee cap and pain shoots up my thigh. My knee pain is too bad to even run. Does anyone know how this could have happened? Help!! Please!!

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

A sprained something or a torn something.  Who knows?

Conservative: Anti-inflammatories and rest for a few days.  Stay off the knee.  If it's a sprain, it should get better

If this doesn't do anything, you need to see an ortho.  X-ray, MRI or both to see what's wrong.  Sometimes, imaging shows nothing and the docs have to go in via arthroscopy.  I had this done four times (twice each side) over a number of years.  Hockey takes its toll.

Do not ignore this.  Go conservative first then, if necessary, follow the yellow brick road...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Probably due to walking "wrong" with the ankle. Back to the doctor is the best option, to be sure there is nothing serious going on. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up