Insomnia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Just after a bit of advice. I have been on 15mg of mirtazapine for about 3 months. Unfortunately I have gained a stone during this time, plus I’ve now been told I have high cholesterol. I haven’t changed any eating habits and I am a regular gym goer. My gp has recommended I aim to come of this medication by the spring. I have started to tapered to 7.5mg and will reduce to 3.75 in the next couple of weeks. Do you think I will continue to gain weight at 3.75? Thanks  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Generally, Mirt is more sedative at lower doses so you might gain more weight. Don’t think about it too much. My 30 pounds came off within 2 months of getting off. 

And watch you WD symptoms as you taper.  If it becomes unbearable, slow the taper town by using liquid mirt. You can get it compounded in the US and other countries offer it. I did a 5% taper ever two weeks or so. 

• Posted

That’s great! Good to hear that weight has come off! Fingerscrossed it will

Happen naturally over time! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.