Insomnia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Today is my second day taking sertraline at 25mg, I don't feel too bad, a bit more anxiety and tired, also a bit drunk for a few hours when I first take it. My issue is that last night I couldn't sleep well, is this a big issue with the medication, and does it ease?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sleep has been a problem for me. It's not so much the falling asleep as the staying asleep. I tend to wake at 5ish and can't get back to sleep. Alot of people on Sertraline seem to need sleeping tablets so it is a common problem. Not sure when sleep issues resolve as im only on week 5 ...i have good nights and then not so good. Doctor says not to sleep in the day so this is what I'm doing.

Doc gave me pheneghan to help

Good luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Same for me. Falling asleep hasn’t been a problem lately. I also wake up about 530-6 and that’s when my anxiety is the worst. It’s gotten better but it’s still there. Today has been an okay day for me. I’ve been feeling anxious on and off and not much appetite. Blah 
    • Posted

Phenergan is an antihistamine and helps with sleep
    • Posted

Hi hoopz is it on prescription or can you buy it from the chemist?
    • Posted

I got it on prescription but i think you can buy it over the counter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.