Insomnia and cramps before period

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

For the past 4 months or so, 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle I get really bad insomnia. I usually fall asleep at around 10:30pm and wake up at 6/7am and the 2 weeks before I usually end up falling asleep 3 hours later than I’m supposed to which ends up being around 2AM. It’s hard to cope with it as I have to wake up so early and wake up every 30 minutes or so, and I’m convinced it’s because I’m nearly on my period. In addition to this, a week before the menstrual cycle I end up getting really bad cramps like I’m already on it. It lasts for around 3 hours a day. I take antihistamines for whenever I can’t sleep and they usually work except at this particular time. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.