Intense pelvic pain/cramps, not on period

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have very sharp and intense pevlis pain & I'm not on my period!! Here's some background: I'm 18 and for the past year my periods have been pretty irregular. Sometimes my cycle will last 30 days, sometimes 50 with no type of pattern. I used have very regular periods with a cycle average of 27 days before this year. My period cramps are often intensely painful and disable me from accomplishing anything. They used to only last for the first 2 days but have recently occur for up to 4. In the past few months, I've been experiencing pain in between periods that feel very similar to period cramps. I can tell when I have ovulation pain and this is a different pain. Last week, I began experiencing these cramps and they would come and go up until today. I had intercourse today which eventually felt painful (sometimes it is painful for me, sometimes it isn't) and afterwards, I had severe sharp cramps in my pelvic area that I have never felt before. These cramps are intense and it was painful to move or breathe. Seven hours have passed by and the pain is still here, just as intense as earlier. The pain is across my entire pelvis and extends from my bellybutton to my pubic bone. Any sort of pressure hurts badly. I'm wondering if I should consider seeing a doctor or if there's any explanation for my symptoms.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i would visit a doctor as many things can cause pelvic pain from infections to cysts check in with a doctor so they can find a cause

• Posted

please get checked for endometriosis...i was just recenly diagnosed with it. look into it..looks like you have all of the symptoms.

• Posted

I think you should see your doctor about this. You may have a hormone imbalance, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, a UTI or maybe even an STI and possibly an ectopic pregnancy. These are all things you need to be discussing with your doctor as soon as you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.