Intense shooting pain in left side of chest under breast bone and wrist at the same time..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I was hoping i could write on here about some symptoms i have been experiencing for a while and get any insight as i haven't come across any stories of the same symptoms.

I am a 23 year old female with no known illnesses, i am on no medications, i don't smoke or drink and am relatively active.

Last christmas, randomly one night i lost some vision, the feeling in my right hand and felt completely spaced out unable to remember anything. I spent 3 days in hospital undergoing tests and a brain MRI which came back all clear, it was suspected to be a TIA or a migraine. My symptoms disappeared and other than feeling a bit foggy for the next month i was fine.

Since then I am getting a sharp intense stabbing/piercing pain in the left side of my chest below the breast bone and also in my left wrist simultaneously. They both occur at the same time and never alone. If i get the pain in my chest its in my wrist too. The pain is intense but only lasts a second so it is bearable. I have been experiencing it for around 8 months now and over the past month the stabbing feeling has got more stabby (can't think of another word haha but it makes me jump a little bit now when it happens whereas it didn't before)

I am currently speaking to my doctor about it but the progress is just so slow and i want to get an idea of what could be the cause of this as its been going on for so long.

I have had multiple ECGs which show i have an irregularity in my heart beat. My heart beat is on the slow side with occasional rapid pulses. The doctors then told me to just see how it goes. But since then the stabbing pain has become more frequent and intense, it comes about twice a day, random times. Mostly when i am just sat in the office. So i went back to the doctor who told me its nothing to worry about which annoyed me and i asked if she could get a second opinion. So she did and called me later that night saying it needs exploring.

I have an echo heart exam booked in for this Friday so hopefully that will tell me if there is anything going on there but i just wondered if anyone has come across anything like this or got any insight at all 😃

Thanks so much in advance xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.